Beyond the Baking Show (née Bake Off)

That was an almost impossible round to judge, it seemed like. The two most consistent bakers–Giuseppe and Jurgen–were still good but not stellar. The two underdogs punched about their weight class. I wasn’t that impressed with either Giuseppe’s or Chigs’ showstoppers as far as presentation, but they must have tasted good.

As far as entertainment factor, this will be a good group for the final. Different styles, different stories. I’m pulling for Giuseppe! (Although I’m more partial to Crystelle after this week.)

I think Chigg’s showstopper was phenomenal with two flaws, the color and the tree. But each individual entremet was flawless in design and shape, I honestly forgot for a half second and thought they were candied apples. The filling looking like a proper core was brilliant. That’s what sank Jurgen, it was another competent execution but ultimately too safe a play.

Yeah, agreed. This was one of those “any other year, you’d have made it for sure” episodes for my man.

As for Chigs, I also agree that he’s earned his spot - he’s done some really excellent work as the season has gone on.

I wonder if that dude isn’t just smart as hell with the obvious " you’ve only been baking for however long" thing but also how much he’s improved just over the course of the show. Hats off.

I had my money on Giuseppe going out in this round after seeing all 3 bakes. But god damn, they are all amazing, and I would have loved to see them all in the final.

I don’t remember another bakeoff there there were 4 contestants that were this strong.

I feel like the most deserving baker won. Credit to the judges, I rarely feel their decisions are unwarranted.

It’s a shame about the Fucassio. But I feel like we probably would have had the same winner if that had been excellent. Great season.

After the multiple orgasms the judges had over the panna cotta, it was pretty obvious who would win. I was still pulling for Chigs, the contestant with the best claim to amateur status , but I think they picked the right one.

I wasn’t too excited about this season’s group, but it turned out to be a great one in the end. Now a whole 10 months till next season :(

Crystelle dreamed about messing up her focaccia and somehow managed to mess up her focaccia. She would have won if not for that mistake.

Great final group, those 3 were some of the best I’ve seen on this show.

I think a Christmas special hits in a few days actually.

I think the final 4 are the strongest set they’ve had throughout the show. I also think Jurgan was the best baker of the 4, he just had a bad day on Patisserie day.

This author sure knows a lot more about Britain and the contestants than I do.

I loved this review. It made me laugh.

I’ll probably get Netflix in lat October and catch up with the season then.