Bioshock demo now live!

Wow. I played that intro sequence a few times just to soak it all in over and over again. Amazing. Somebody send Roger Ebert a copy.

Yeh, probably when the full fucking game is out. Moronic idea . I give less than a shit about a demo when I can just buy the full thing.

Then perhaps the demo isn’t being made for you

I started the download seconds after it popped up on live. yet as of 7:45am today I am only at 37%. Aint this a bitch

Maybe.

What’s the point of the demo though? To see if I like the game? Because if that’s the case then the demo that was just released on the 360 wasn’t made for 90% of the people trying the demo. So far most of the responces I’ve seen have been “I was gonna get it before… but now I’m getting it on [I]day one!” .

[/I]I wanted a demo on the PC to see if it really ran well or if I’m going to have your mother on the street corner later this week so I can buy another graphics card. See I’m buying it regardless. Whether or not I’ll be playing it right the way through on the first day depends on how it runs. That’s why I wanted the demo.

If you are buying it regardless then no, the demo was not made with you in mind.

I think you underestimate the amount of 360 owners who don’t know about this game.

So because I want to see if the game runs well enough before I re-do my budget for the month in order to go buy another graphics card I can’t want to play the demo?

And what about the PC players that don’t know about this game? Racist.

I’m extremely jealous that you 360 guys get the demo.

What’s weird is that I have seen a couple of fliers for the 360 version (Best Buy and Circuit City, fr’example) but nary a mention of the PC version in either flier. It made me think maybe the PC release date was different, but no, as far as I can determine it’s a simultaneous release.

I think you’d be hard pressed to find a PC gamer who’s rig was up to spec that hadn’t heard about this game…

Nobody is arguing against that. I’m just making fun of your hissy fit.

One of the most attractive parts about this demo is coming to grips with just how incredibly smooth everything handles with the kind of attentive visual output pumping on screen. Just roving about the initial environments turning and aiming so sharply with the world and AI reacting almost flawlessly is a real testament.

Or is the 360 hardware finally going through proper maturation? It’s like…finally!

BioSHOCK AND AWE!

Do you guys know how unfair it is to have college start 2 days after this releases. 19 credits. Pretty fucking unfair.

I, for one, am going to heed Tom’s advice. I know that I’m going to love this game so there is absolutely no need to torment myself with a tease of a demo.

I can tough out the next week just by reading this, and the other, Bioshock thread.

That does suck for PC owners. It would have been nice to know ahead of time how well this beast would run.

Sold!

1.35 GB? Sigh, curse my measly 640k DSL connection.

Saxman is right: I wish I had a PC demo so I could compare performance on my PC vs the 360 before making a purchase decision. My preference would probably be the PC because I prefer K+M, but not if my rig can’t handle it.

Don’t reward them for treating you this way. Don’t buy the game until you get a demo.

AGH! So torn! I’ve avoided all previews, etc to prevent spoilage, but now there is an honest-to-god DEMO on my 360… how can I resist? Help!

Just finished the demo. Very well done. Wasn’t going to buy the game due to Two worlds, but I guess I will just have to sqeeze it into the budget without my wife’s knowledge.