Black Dynamite!

Why did nobody tell me of this before?

Holy shit that looks awesome.

I am smilin’.

This looks sweet Freedom, thanks for the find!

Holy crap, that looks AMAZING! Must see. Now.

Note: the second link leads to the red band trailer, which is most definitely NSFW.

I just discovered this today…

i did a search before i made this thread and came up with a whole lot of irrelevant posts. i guess i should have used quotes.

edit: quotes still turned up a billion threads.

so do you guys not know about black devil doll either?

Arsenio Hall is in this.

Ha, Black Dynamite stars the same guy who starred as Spawn.

Why is rampage not in this?

Michael Jai White is just crazily talented. I really hope this helps break him big…

I’m going to see a screening of this on Tuesday… I’ll report back.

Oh my… that was awesome. Hilarious. Simultaneously honoring and skewering the blaxsploitation films of the 70’s. The most and hardest I’ve laughed at the theater all year.

Yay! Thanks for sharing Jason! Now I reaaaaaaaaaally wanna see it. ^_^

HOLY FUCK, THIS MOVIE IS FANTASTIC.

It’s playing right now at the Varsity in Seattle’s U District. I’ve seen it twice already, and that never happens. But this movie is just the fucking bomb. Absolutely note-perfect, subversive in spots, full of intense ass-kicking, and dripping with soul power.

If you like Tarantino flicks, or blaxploitation, or B movies, or really well-done comedy, or Little Richard, then you MUST see this movie as soon as you motherfucking can, because Black Dynamite is bringing the fight for what’s RIGHT!

I’m’a post a spoilers thread now because I must discuss the TRUE awesomenesses in all their MANY details, but suffice to say that these guys thought about every single damn scene, and every damn scene has something crafty in it.

FUCKING AWESOME. 10,000 thumbs up.

Whoa, evidently it’s in more cities now! Check it!

And it’s also totally cool that Michael Jai White (who plays Black Dynamite) also co-wrote the story and the screenplay. They put their hearts into this, and it shows in every frame.

I keep looking forward to this, but it seems to be consigned to only a handful of the biggest cities. :-(

I will have to see this.

Why the FUCK is this not playing in Dallas yet?

That is an awesome trailer. I can’t imagine how you can not play this for laughs, but the trailer doesn’t appear to be satire at all, just completely straight.