Black Friday 2011

lol - Sorry, sometimes I forget that people don’t really “know me” when I’m chatting in a forum. He celbrates Hannukah, Christmas, and his birthday all within a span of 30 days (well, this year at least - Hannukah changes dates).

That was actually going to be my guess. Getting in on both Hannukah and Christmas is a pretty sweet deal for a kid, both gift-wise and meal-wise.

Word was amazon was going to be dropping the price on some panasonic plasmas but uh, they raised the price on the one I wanted.

My total take this year minus Steam is Other M for $5 from Bestbuy. Nothing else I even wanted and missed.

Yep - he really lives the life around this time of year, lucky bum that he is.

Now the real decision comes down to what to do with the graphics card. He’s running an i3 PC on an 8600GTS, and that card would come to a screaching halt once he tries to start Skyrim. The CPU is still going to limit it, but it should be quite playable with a more modern card.

So … alms for the poor? ;)

Things I thought I had a shot at getting decent BF deals on that were noshows:
Play station Doomsday pack (Shoulda jumped on Target)
Play station TV (frys only so far)
Alienwares 100 discount is a joke.

I am disappoint!

I pulled the trigger on a trio of 23.5" monitors from newegg.

has anyone seen windows 7 on sale anywhere?

The 20% includes pre-orders though, I’m tempted to buy Mass Effect 3 with that deal. But it’s possible there might be a better pre-order/deal from now until March.

Home Premium 20 bux off at newegg if you enter the promo code EMCJJHE57:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116986&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL112511&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL112511-_-EMC-112511-Index-_-OperatingSystems-_-32116986-L0K

Not exactly a mind-blowing deal but hey!

Attention those of you that got screwed over by Amazon’s lightning deals yesterday:

Looks like many of the deals are being repeated today. Here’s the trick to not getting stuck in the Checking For Deals stage:

Refresh the page (I close the tab and open a new one and navigate to Amazon) about a minute before the deal becomes active. That’s what I did when I got stuck trying to buy Batman, my new screen instantly got me in to the waiting list and my old screen was still stuck Checking The Deal.

I stumbled upon this Logitech M305 wireless mouse (which I have & love) which is a steal for $9.99, free shipping, from best-buy here

Who knows, only the Origin store charges me like that.

Doesn’t matter, it’s a lost sale for them since i really wanted BF3.

That is just such an incredible failure I can hardly believe it.

I know D2D pre-orders are already at a 10% discount year long, any idea if the 20% stacks with that, or if it’s just an extra 10%?

Indeed, i just went ahead and emailed EA to ask why am i being charged in Euros instead of Dollars.

At $100, I’ll finally pick up a kinect.

Yes, same here. In fact, there’s only like a total of 12 games “on sale” if you don’t have a North American IP.

There’s a huge thread on EA’s forums with people from all across the world complaining about how they’re being charged in Euros. The problem is that if they haven’t prepared a localized storefront for your country, you automatically get redirected to the Irish (en_IE) version. Almost six months after launch and they still haven’t addressed the problem. It’s almost as if… EA doesn’t give a damn about customer satisfaction.

Well, Origin routed me to its Australian site, where Battlefield 3 is $80.

No sale, sirs.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.

I’m sorry to hear you are still experiencing difficulties, and apologize for any inconvenience.Origin is localized to the IP/region that you are currently in. It is not based on the region you have selected on your Origin profile.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to change the display of the Origin Client/Store. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

However, we do suggest that you have a family member that is currently located in the US to log into your Origin account and make the purchase for you. It is best that the elected family member purchases the PCDD version of the game, so that you can immediately log into Origin and be able to view and play your game.

If you have any other questions, then by all means feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Mohit

Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

Thank you for not fucking reading what i said in the email EA.