Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

Why not let them be happy and revel as babes?

If you’re talking about Mergo’s Wet Nurse I think that was my favorite boss of the whole game.

But the best bosses are clearly in the DLC! It has 3 amazing bosses and 1 dud.

That’s the conventional wisdom, but I didn’t particularly enjoy any of them. They were fine, which by the standards of other games makes them spectacular, but the orphan in particular was a grueling shitfest. The nurse on the other hand I found very cinematic, I really enjoyed that one.

Sorry anyway if I’m shitting on the game too much. I really like it. I actually worked on it. My name is in the credits somewhere.

Oh no shit, what’d you do?

I did network performance, compatibility, and bandwidth analysis using network emulation software, wireshark, and a variety of in-house tools. I did find a lot of critical issues and FromSoft fixed literally everything, which is actually rare. I did this for every Sony published online game.

The best bosses are Father Gascoigne and Gehrman.

I enjoyed the first, the other I found kind of annoying, but at least the camera behaved!

I haven’t finished the game, and for the most part I have left the dungeons alone, but playing this now has really helped me see the evolution of DS3. I have really enjoyed the setting, perhaps more than anything. I have always enjoyed these games more for the areas and getting to the boss than for the actual boss fights. Finding the shortcuts and working your way to the fog doors are the best part. I have been disappointed by the bosses though (I only have the base game). I know some people apparently don’t like the human type bosses featured so often in DS2 and DS3 but I kind of like that.

It has surprised me a little how much Bloodborne really is a “Dark Souls” game. I guess FROM would have to sue themselves though over the likenesses. You basically rename everything and change a few mechanics and bingo, it’s a souls game. I think seeing this game and placing it with the others pretty much shows why the DS games are done. I think they had really run out of original ideas and were basically just designing by rote.

I have half an area and a couple bosses and I am done.

Is there any way within the game to tell if something is considered “beast” or “kin”? With the upper level blood gems that can make quite a difference.

Micolash Cage is now dead. Damn that was annoying, but he died the first time I got him in the second room. The boss at the top of the Upper Cathedral, Ergobeth Something or Other, she is a bitch. They really needed a boss that not only shoots frenzy shit, can one shot you with a left cross, but at the halfway point has murderous magic missiles shoot from her head. Yea.

Kin are the things that look alien. They don’t bleed red. There aren’t that many different kinds of them. Beasts generally look animalistic.

Oh, I never related kin to the alien look. And I remember looking once and thought I was fighting a beast only to discover that according to the wiki it wasn’t.

So does that make that boss at the top of Upper Cathedral Ward kin then, because everything around her is freakin alien?

Ebrietas? She is kin, yeah.

She is a daughter of the cosmos. The Choir…which are only the elites of the Healing Church are in commune with aliens! ALIENS!

I finally abandoned trying to take down Lady Maria in the DLC. Once she starts hitting me with projectile blood, I just can’t compete.

Going back to the regular game after a couple of years, I have no clue what’s going on. I went to the Nightmare of Mensis headstone, which is the farthest I got. I headed for a giant cathedral looking building, and I’m constantly getting hit with spikes of blood in my head from all directions, raising my frenzy rating. I quickly switched all my clothes to the highest Frenzy prevention clothes (ashen clothes I believe).

I have to fight these wolf-like things with sideways heads that are bad enough, but when you beat each one, two worms come out of them, and I have a hell of a time hitting those worms. Even with lock-on targeting I usually miss.

And then I approach the building and there’s a half dozen rock-throwers I just can’t get past.

This part is crazy. Maybe I should go back to trying to beat Lady Maria.

@Kolbex, where are the pig-creatures which give a lot of experience that you were talking about? Are they behind me in the nightmare bogs somewhere, or are they ahead of me in that cathedral looking building somewhere?

Oh, man, the worms that come out of the silverbeasts are awful. You’ve probably noticed the big light that goes on in the distance when there’s nothing in between you and it. Maybe that has something to do with the frenzy…

The pigs are further along in the same level, I’m afraid. More or less at the end.

You should have a rune which will increase your frenzy resistance, although all it does it slow it down by seconds. Also sedatives work like against frenzy. But the best plan was simply to run like hell thru all of it.
There is a door just past the rock throwing trolls.

The pigs are actually after the next boss in the building.

Those things are so annoying.

Yeah, the last thing I did before I logged off was do a run with the anti-frenzy rune and sedatives selected.

I guess I shouldn’t get greedy and try to kill the rock people.

I usually play these game enemy by enemy, but as someone above said the last two large areas really are a pain in the ass so I have taken to just running thru most of it. There are some terrible enemies ahead of you who are worth farming for the blood gems they drop, but damn they are a pain. Just a hint…there is a good use for poison knives in your future.

Try dashing!

Even with zero frenzy resistance and maximum insight, I always run straight pass all that bullshit. I’ve never bothered to clear out those enemies in all of my runs. It’s just a linear gauntlet of suffering with zero up size to slow progression as there is no space to explore.