Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

Yeah, I’m not a huge fan of either of the “nightmare” levels. In fact although Bloodborne is my favorite (or second favorite, after Demon’s Souls, I have a hard time deciding) From game for atmosphere, the level design is all a bit too samey for my taste. It could work if the game was shorter, but it rambles over all the same time that a Souls game does but has little of the environmental variety.

This is a very helpful critical assessment of Souls games.

They all took me almost exactly the same amount of time to complete, all five of them, something like 50 hours each.

So the Amygala boss at the end of the Nightmare Frontier is dead. I really hated the area, what with poison, rock throwing trolls and how the whole place looks alike. Easy to get lost.

I have a question regarding runes. If a rune says for instance…

PHY ATK +18.5%
ATK Kin Down -7.5%

Does that mean if you are attacking kin you get less of a boost or does that mean you get the boost plus attack damage from kin is lessened by that percentage?

I have now met Margo’s Wet Nurse. I think she will be doable. I hate the second phase thing though.

Oh man, I love that phase!

Title of your sex tape.

LOL

I watched a guy on youtube take on the Nightmare Frontier today. He is a guy I have watched do DS games and followed thru Bloodborne. He only had two bosses left, and one area, the area being the Frontier. He almost rage quit going thru it. It was pretty funny watching him die over and over again, in an area you would think he was over leveled for by that time. But the environmental crap (poison), the long range bombers (rock throwing trolls), and the Frenzy inducing enemies all had him really cussing up a storm.

Made me feel better about my play. :)

Nightmare Frontier I went through once and never again. Glad it is optional because it is a chore to explore as most of the side areas just loop back. It also serves as a PvP area as long as you keep the bell ringer alive.

Winter Lanterns are the worst frenzy inducing enemy in the game. They can kill in a matter of seconds at max insight by just being close to you. If they manage to grab you, it is over.

The Winter Lanterns and the Bloodsuckers (in the upper Cathedral) are the worst enemies in the game.

Ebritas is now dead. I will admit to using an NPC summons in this fight. He stood in front of her while I stood behind her, tucked in her Seath like legs and wailed on her with my +9 Tonitis hammer.

I also found the Blood Rock, although I didn’t do the other mission in that area. Not sure how I was supposed to do that. (Do a gesture in front of the Mensis Brain, I only saw it when I dropped it)

You do it after the drop. It’s…down

I believe you mean the Brainsuckers AKA Mindflayers. When they suck on your brain you lose insight. The higher versions in Upper Cathedral actually have a similar attack to the Mindflayers in the Prison of Hope from Demon’s Souls that paralyzes you so they can feast on your brains.

Mindflayers is a term used in Baldurs Gate, so D&D?

They take insight and about 3/4 of your health. I haven’t seen the Mindflayers name used by anyone but you in regards to these bastards, although no doubt they are the same creatures. I admit maybe it is used on some item and I haven’t noticed it. But I love the idea they could be tied into BG.

I tried following the path down but eventually I just ended up on the path from earlier in the game. I don’t actually just blindly drop into the pit do I?

Well, the term isn’t used and is from D&D, but it is totally a Mindflayer! As in shorthand for any bipedal tentacle face that eats brains.

Jeez, now I want Minsc to be an NPC I can summon in for a boss.

No, there’s an elevator, and it’s in a room you’ve already been in.

This area has so many elevators. So is it down in an early part of the area? That might make sense I suppose.

I’d have to look up exactly where, but I remember it’s in a larger room with some cracks in the floor and a couple of butcher-like guys? At the bottom of a spiral staircase. You would have previously taken an elevator up in there.

I followed the advice here. I killed the first sideways face beast and dodged the worms while I killed the second beast. Ran to the third beast and killed it, and ran away from its worms as well. Then with the rock throwers, and I just sprinted past them into the building.

And then I ran into that. Holy shit, this is not a game for Arachnophobes.

And then, when I died without getting a single hit on anything in the room, I tired 15 more times to kill those sideways faced beasts, and I can’t even kill the first two anymore. If I do get one, I can’t kill the other one because the worms from the first one get it. I’m taking a break.