Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

There is another very missable elevator that goes down to the pit it gets dropped into - so missable you did in fact miss it! If killed it gives an item necessary for an upper tier chalice ritual. You can also do a gesture at it for like 60 seconds to receive a good rune. I have no idea how anybody ever discovered that without being told.

D’oh! I even went to the top of the pit last night and jumped in, just in case that’s how I’m supposed to get in there. I wanted to be sure not to miss anything before ending the game. But I guess I still did.

I blame the messages that didn’t lead me to this missable elevator. Bloodborne notebook community, you have let me down for the last time.

It’s stuck off in the corner of the room with the two chainball butchers or whatever they are, doesn’t stick out and doesn’t activate until the brain is down. Rumor has it that the gesture thing was leaked by one of the official guide writers to a streamer and spread from there, which is a bit disappointing.

I wonder that about a lot of the Soulsborne stuff, which I think is (1) why they have replayability and (2) why they encourage community.

The nightmare front consumed almost all my blood vials. And Amygdala. Hoo boy, not sure if I even want to try solo. I helped some people and we were 2 or 3 against Amygdala. Tough fight. I watch Christopher Odd’s Bloodborne playthrough, and he stumbled to success in this fight. I have the cannon now, looks like it is good for stunning, unfortunately it uses 10 bullets per try.

ok, got Amygdala down on my own. Wasn’t too bad. A bit disapointed that there wasn’t anywhere to go after the fight. What’s up with this tower.

Back to Rom. I counted the use of insight. I started with 60 and finished the fight when I was at 45. I summoned Damian, who always died during phase 2. What a schmuck!

He used some healing miracle. Are miracles in the game? This is what I don’t like about the game. It is basically all melee …

After Rom, only new area is Yhargul, Unseen Village. I hate it. Always respawning enemies, until you find the bell lady. So hard to explore, when every few seconds super strong enemies spwan. Got to the second lamp. That was a chore.

I am level 62 now. I don’t think this will be a game to replay for me. I would replay, if I could play a ranged guy, or a cleric, or something. As it is, I wouldn’t know how to play differently.

Next time you could play with a different type of weapon I suppose. If you used an axe, then you could do with a cane.

I agree though, I didn’t feel the need to replay. But I’m that way with all the Dark Souls game too.

I looked up, forgot about Cainhurst castle. It has some Painted World vibes.

That was bold in Dark Souls, you were stuck in the painted world until you made it to the end. No upgrading, no escape. And it was a hard part. However, you cannot stumble into it.

Oh wow. I wish I’d known about that before I triggered the end of the game and got put into new game+.

You didn’t go to Cainhurst? Oh man…that boss…

Also the flea women on the grounds of the castle.

He saw those in the Hunter’s Nightmare, though. I have to admit, the first time I went to Cainhurst I saw those (and how little damage I was doing to them) and went, “nope” and left to come back later.

It occurred to me that I could go back to my old character, the hunter’s axe character who was stuck on Lady Maria. I could do Cainhurst using that character.

What. The. F*ck. Cainhurst castle, starting area. How comes that those super insects give me so much trouble. It took me 2 hrs until I learned the pattern and how to get to them. There are like 6 of them in the starting area. I need 4-5 good strikes to kill one of them. Brutal. If they are the welcome comittee, I don’t want to see the rest.

Also I spent 2 hours waiting to be summoned for Rom. Helping others to get through. Some are noobs, they go for the fatty shiny thing super fast and get killed by the little spider things. I managed to kill the boss with people who were more cautious, killing all spiders first and then go to the boss.

I wonder if Monster Hunter coop is also that much fun? The start of Monster Hunter is so slow and boring, that I haven’t get to coop yet.

I love MH co-op, but there is definitely something special about helping people through Souls bosses.

MH coop is wayyy more spammy IMHO. Every time I played it I felt like I was in a blender, with a million colorful effects going on while a dinosaur roared somewhere within. I was with randos, so YMMV with buddies.

The specific gesture is also acquired in the easily missed and totally optional Higher Cathedral which in turn requires a key acquired in a out of the way and hard to get to area of the Unseen Village.

As an area I found the Higher Cathedral the most…terrifying?

I always hear Maria this, Maria that… it already sounds threatening. I thought I was almost at the end with the reborn fight. But it looks like there is more… By judging the Christopher Odd playlist, I am maybe 2/3s in the game.

Also, the chalice dungeons. I always toss some coins at junctions, so that I know how to get back.

I just figured out how to run past them. My first visit to Cainhurst I was probably not ready. I had to come back later to kill the boss. The boss run is a fun one. :)

I’ve deflected off this game about a million times, but decided to give it another go this week as I’m a sad panda that I can’t play Demon Souls. And so far I’m really liking it and I think a lot of that has to do with my playstyle has changed over the years. Even with dark souls I tend to favor rolling thief type players instead of the sword and board that I always did when I first went through the series.

So far I’ve gotten to the second area and really haven’t had too much trouble. I think the biggest issue I had when I played this many years ago was that I didn’t understand how to use the guns properly. It really is satisfying to perfectly time that and then stab the crap out of people. Also I stopped trying to use the cane/whip weapon and using the kirkhammer instead. Timing a one shot smash with the hammer is super fun. :)

I’ll probably go back and play Dark Souls 3 as well as I still have never beaten it. The only one in the series I haven’t finished.