Bloody Rally Show - The Love Child of Carmageddon and Death Rally

You guys, someone on the BRS Discord asked me if I could be their personal nemesis on the Daily Challenge leaderboards. I was SO flattered. Now it’s gotten us repeatedly trying to do better to one-up the other. SO FUN.

The Halloween sale is on y’all, so BRS is on sale again! Please do pick it up, it’s so great!

Huge update you guys, including random track generation for the daily tracks and driving handling improvements!

Is nitro boost now off by default? Also with it off the game seems easier.

I think it’s a bug, but yeah, I kinda liked it off. AI is less chaotic. It’s an option now for future campaigns.

I was looking to see if I accidentally turned it off because the nitro meters just went away totally. A bit strange that they would force nitro off in my campaign midway. Not a bad thing for me but I can imagine quite a number of players enjoy nitro.

Oh I totally do love Nitro. I think he said it’d be fixed soon.

Oh wait apparently he already fixed them in 1.7.1.

Hey from the dev

“I just figured, if you played an old save with v1.7.0 before v1.7.1 patch, auto save may have killed the nitro option permanently for that save. If it happened, send me your save files (Campaign_save_name.dat, access with F2 to open console and typing /saves) and I’ll restore nitro manually”

Join the Discord if you wanna do this. ;)

Well, that would suck if I enjoyed nitro but good on him to offer to manually fix saves. I think I can live with nitro off. Thanks for sharing his update!

My pleasure!

Nice showing on the leaderboard today @Telefrog! :) Was happy to see your name pop up!

Hahaha. I didn’t realize they added the option to lock the camera onto the car and rotate the road around it. Makes driving a lot easier for me.

Oh yes! That’s how I drive, it’s so much better for me as well!

On sale again y’all.

I was playing this again over the weekend and while it’s still great, there are two things that kind of bum me out about it. First is the lack of elevation changes, which I guess would be hard to model in 2D (though not impossible). The second is that, despite Brian’s noble efforts, it never really got popular at all—I think about half of the user tracks on Steam were made by QT3 forum members—so there aren’t that many mods for it on the workshop. The game procedurally generates tracks, so variety is not the issue, but it would be nice to have more handcrafted tracks available.

Yeah that’s the biggest crime here.

Friends the game is finally coming to consoles early next month.

PSA - don’t buy the Switch version. I bought it the other day and it runs poorly in docked mode.

A top-down 2d racer should be a silky 60 at all times, this was juddering all over the place. I’d refund if Nintendo allowed it. :P

Oh no! I’ve only played it in handheld mode and it’s been great.