Bloody Rally Show - The Love Child of Carmageddon and Death Rally

Not sure if anything will come of it, but I did ask on the Discord. If it does happen it’ll likely be after the console ports are done.

Since this thread has Death Rally in the title this seemed like a fitting place to note for 25th anniv it’s free on steam now:

Oh good call.

Also in actual BRS news, the console ports are almost done!

FYI this is currently on-sale (again) through October 12th for 33% off.

Also: OMG this is SO good you guys! I’d been putting off buying it for ages & now I don’t know why.

Diego

Ohh well spotted, how did I miss that? Also:

Yay! So glad you’re enjoying it!

Friends, the developer has made something of a free limited/demo version of the game called the Bloody Rally Show: Prologue that’s coming out in a couple of weeks. Check it out and wishlist it!

Picked this up while it was on sale, fun to jump in and run a few races and then back out.

I know I can find this somewhere, but thought I’d be lazy and just ask here: what do you get for running over spectators? I of course occasionally go wide in a corner or one of them walks across the street in my way and splat. I get the impression this evilness is rewarded, just not clear to me how.

It gives you nitro

Ooh, I want me some of that.

Thanks

Yeah you get nitro from running over pedestrians (as well as points at the end of the run) as well as from drifting, though not as much as pedestrians. Yay!

Prologue is up!

This is why you drift INTO pedestrians. :) Blood does make you drift easier…just saying.

AHahaahha this is true. I actually had that as a challenge at the end of my current week, just this morning.

I love highly populated corners. If you do it right you can turbo drift around the corner gathering more turbo than your using. I nice soft and bloody S curve is perfect :)

I really should take a crack at designing a track or 2. I’m thinking point to point with S curves and jumps that have you land in crowds :)

I would love to play on some of those tracks you’re talking about. :) Glad you’re enjoying the game!

I finally bought this, because Brian has been right about every other game he recommended and this seemed right up my ally! Car wars like with upgrading cars, and weapons, and vehicle combat?! How could i not!

i played the first part of the campaign up to the special mission, and bounced off this game HARD! It had a lot of elements i liked, but the thing that killed it for me, no outfitting my weapons for my prefered mayhem, instead i have to run over a power booster to get a MG, or an array of other weapons.

It just didnt scratch that itch i was hoping to have scratched! Its not a horrible game, its just not what i was looking forward to. Building and upgrading my death machine. Despite the disappointment BrianRubin is still my most trusted source to find games out of my standard tactical RPG genres! He has given me Star Traders: Frontiers a true one of a kind classic, and several other recommendations that were off the charts awesome!

Have you ever tried this game?

Unfortunately it isn’t a racing game, or anything like one, but you do get to build and upgrade cars death machines.

Yeah for anyone else on the fence, try the free prologue, it didn’t grab me either. But I am not a big race car game fan.

Hey man sorry it didn’t click for you. It clicks every one of my god damned buttons, to the point now where I can’t play other racing games. I was playing Forza Horizon 3 and was like, where are all the pedestrians?

I really appreciate you trying it though.