Bloody Rally Show - The Love Child of Carmageddon and Death Rally

Nerdy question no doubt of interest to very few: how much can one mod ai driver skill and behavior? Since it has a personality system, can you customize how good individual (as opposed to all ai drivers in a race) ai drivers are, their aggression levels, how focused they are on racing vs. crashing other drivers, etc. Like, could I modify individual ai opponents so that one is highly skilled and runs mostly a clean race, another that is slightly less skilled but far more aggressive and willing to destroy other cars, maybe have a few middling drivers as backmarkers, and so on?

In the custom race creator you can change the AI for all drivers but not individual drivers as far as I can see.

Given how receptive the author is, I bet you could reach out and ask if that is a foreseeable possibility.

Right now you can set the overall AI in the custom race creation screen and the game will cluster the AI around that point and then you can customise them individually…

So if you pick 60% in the race settings and then add four AI, those AI will have their ability usually somewhere around 56%-65%. There will be a little computer icon with a number in it showing their skill and you can click to edit the individual drivers and then use a slider to set it to the specific number you want.

OH wow I had no idea. That’s amazing.

Yup, just tried it, race with seven AI, ranging from 17 to 100%. Hilarity.

Well, I guess I know what I’ll be playing this weekend.

Yayyyyyyy!

Friends, the developer was nice enough to give me a couple of keys to give away during today’s stream, which starts at 9 AM Pacific. Hope you’ll all tune in for a chance to win one. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/spacegamejunkie/live

https://mixer.com/SpaceGameJunkie

The little spectator speech bubble makes it.

Here’s the video, as requested:

Everybody should buy this game. Early Qt3 2020 Top Ten contender right here.

/remindmeDec2020

100% agreed. It’s astounding.

I’ll grab it when it’s a little less priceular.

Any idea what the dev has in mind for long term plans?

Purchased. Damn you, Brian!

More stuff as far as I know. Missions, cars, etc etc. If it does well, eventually online multiplayer.

YAY!!! THANK YOU.

The Steam remote play thing pops up whenever I start BRS, so you could probably do online multiplayer now using that.

$18 that much of a hit??

Not if you’re paying!