Brad Bird directing.... Mission Impossible 4?

After attempting to watch the international cut of Red Cliff, I’m pretty sure that Woo’s version would have just been an extra hour and a half of boring to go with the existing two hours of retarded.

You shut your mouth.

I think it is, as I found myself thinking the same exact thing a couple weeks ago when the wife and I watched Spielberg’s “War of the Worlds”, and he’s running from the path of destruction the street tripod is carving.

If the above post is correct and Woo actually tried to pass off a 3 1/2 hour cut of a Mission Impossible movie, then yeah, I’m thinking an intervention was called for.

Brad Bird left Pixar?

Guess they killed 1906.

Apparently it is:

MI3 was awesome mainly because JJ Abrams is a great director and P.S. Hoffman was an amazing villain. This sounds potentially great too, I mean, Brad Bird created Iron Giant ffs!

It was great until they pussied out on killing Michelle Monaghan. The whole theme of that movie was basically the conflict between his professional and private life, and they resolved it in the worst way possible.

I think after Tropic Thunder, any worries of Tom Cruise’s ego getting in the way are moot :-P

I agree with the above comments. Yeah, they did pull the punches in a major way with the resolution, but MI4 could avoid something like that by oh, watching the first movie and taking notes. Yes, the good guys won, but it kinda sucked for everybody.

Do the skills to direct an animated movie necessarily translate to live action?

That’s a tough question to answer. So much of an animated movie can be changed / tweaked / fixed / added or subtracted at almost any point, whereas it gets very difficult (without expensive and sometimes impossible reshoots) when doing live action… you can’t fix everything in editting. I think live action accounts for it somewhat with multiple takes, but still.

He’s a smart guy though, I’d be surprised if doesn’t do his homework.

The first Mission: Impossible movie came out almost exactly 14 years ago. How the hell is Tom Cruise still allowed to star in them?

That’s a question better asked of Goethe.

Because he looks the same.

I so want an Incredibles sequel. Stop screwing around with other projects, Bird!

I thought Tom Cruise wasn’t just the star but also the producer of the Mission: Impossible movies. Which would explain why he gets to be in them. Well, that and they make a lot of money.

Another thing I really like about M:I III is it seems like people are really in danger at multiple times in the film. I knew Ethan would make it, he’s the star after all. I was never 100% sure about anyone else, especially after the girl at the beginning with the capsule in her head. That’s brutal. That scene is jarring enough that I won’t let my kids watch it until they’re older.

Hopefully Bird can pull together something on the same level but with his own entertaining style. Mission: Impossible isn’t that far removed from what he did with The Incredibles.

First trailer.Surprisingly enough, it features scenes with Tom Cruise running.

Wow, I am excited to see a movie with Tom Cruise in it.

I love Tom Cruise running! DAY ONE!