Breaking Bad

Just when you thought it might be safe to quit Netflix.

Who was skinny pete? I watched all of Breaking Bad, but I guess I’m too old and stinky to get what’s going on here. Who put Jessie Pinkman in a cage? Was that the Nazis that Walt tagged with the .50 cal in his trunk?

Was Skinny Pete one of the dudes that Walt paid to threaten his former girlfriend and her wealthy hubby (I think Walt’s ex-partner)? The thing with the laser dot “sight” stuff?

EDIT: handy dandy web page with all the relevant info: https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/24/20831500/breaking-bad-movie-trailer-el-camino-netflix

I’ll be pissed if we don’t get to see Huell again.

I’m not only excited that breaking bad has another story to tell, but that this wasn’t teased as “Coming in 2021!”

Skinny Pete was one of Jesse’s scumbag friends and yes, I believe he was one of the dudes that Walter had holding laser pointers on his ex-partner. The Nazis put Jesse in a cage and forced him to cook.

I think I need to rewatch the last few episodes before this movie.

I’ll probably need to rewatch the series.

Yeah, he was usually paired up with Badger; together they were Jesse and Walt’s adorable Rosencrank and Guildmethstern.

I didn’t recognize him. Was it the same actor or someone else?

I rewatched all seasons until last week, and actually Skinny Pete is not so a scumbag. One time they went to buy containers in a music shop and someone was playing Bach on a keyboard. You only see the hands and then camera backs off and it was Pete. So there is a little detail about Pete, who had a life before the drugs took over

Yeah, moments like that are what made BB so great.

New trailer

Well, there’s no more Hank and no more Gomie. I guess that just leaves us with Getz to reel Jessie in.

Oh god, this is the type of thing where I feel like I need to go rewatch all of Breaking Bad in anticipation of this.

Yep, this is a diabolical scheme to drive viewership of the series back up.

It just sucks you right back in. Being stuck in the Netflix machine has it’s ups and downs.

That being said. Hope the movie takes us back down memory lane when Jane Margolis was present. Her character was amazing.

Just a heads up, this is up on Netflix now! :)

Just watched the first half hour while having my coffee. It’s interesting that Gilligan brought back so many characters so early on, It feels like H wants to get the fan service over with so he can get on with the story

uh, oh. I’m going to have to duck this thread for now. Thanks for the spoiler tags @Sonoftgb! Much appreciated. I’m really looking forward to this and hope it’s not a disappointment like the Deadwood movie was (or the new season of Peaky Blinders, which is totally unrelated, except that it was a big disappointment).