Brian Fargo is returning to the Wasteland for a third time

Yeah. Awesome game but honestly if you haven’t started yet I would wait for the big patch, the one that fixes load times too. Those are a BIG problem.

Damn, I screwed myself out of restoring power to the town because I killed all the Gippers. I thought if I offed them we’d just send in some local peeps to run the place.

Now I need to decide if I want to revert to save game. I also already went into the bunker and I don’t want to do that again.

I remember this if the person was out of my squad’s line of sight.

You’re right to be leery. I’d give it more time. It’s not a bad game by any stretch but this is, by far, the buggiest game I have played in quite some time. Unlike what others are reporting here, my experience was that it is stuffed to the gills with game breaking bugs. You can roll the dice there if you want, of course, but the fact is I still haven’t finished this due to hitting one right near the end of the game. Given my game pass expires in 5 days and that the small patch released a week or so ago didn’t fix any of them, I guess I’m not going to either. Which is a shame.

Yeah, I mentioned the same above, but living with the consequences will still get me to finish even if it’s not optimal. I’m likely to play the game again, and I’ll just do differently. No going back to an old save for me!

I kept going. I’m not sure if I’ll end up playing again, but I’ll just make due and see where it takes me.

Finally finished Union Station. Not proud of myself. I created a new char with the requisite skills. Got Morningstar. Left my toaster repair guy behind though. So of course I’ll be back. Again.

This sort of thing is a core design flaw with these types of games. You never know at the outset which skills you’re actually going to be forced to take skill checks on, and W3 does a poor job of balancing these out and stating which is which. ‘Leadership’, for example, sounds like an important one but there’s maybe 1 check in the entire game from what I remember seeing.

The ‘optimal’ strategy I found was to have 2 or 3 chars in your party where you only assign your skill points out when you need to.

Well I blame myself. I thought my first guy was supposed to have a few skills. Then, much later I realized that this game would work better with six people with maxed abilities.

So I will play again if I get through my present one. :)

What about two snipers, or three?

That could work. I only have my main character as sniper right now, and he uses the smallest amount of ammo while doing pretty high damage. Everyone else always has to have their ammo replenished despite each having unique ammo types.

The Tellurium Mine. I was surprised at how easy it was to destroy the scorpitron, using the right weapons. Cryo, EMP, energy weapons rockets. The pain in the ass part were they other bots and Earl.

That’s where I just headed. I haven’t done anything yet though.

Yeah, in retrospect, we backed the wrong party at first. :)

Hope my spoiler didn’t spoil it. :)

Heading into end-game, I feel both over-powered and not at the same time.

The Yuma County battles were both suddenly very tough and not. Some of my group were being one-shot repeatedly but at the same time I could take out the enemy and get my troops back on their feet. I didn’t think I was under-armored, but it makes a huge difference to get the initiative in these battles (I almost always snipe from cover to sneak-attack a battle starting). All in all, didn’t have to try again on these fights, but I wondered if I’d get through if the difficulty ramped up that quickly.

So I took down Liberty by hacking her droids (Nerd 10) and using my lock-picking and mechanics to destroy the guns. That made it relatively easy, as all I had to do was survive one round before she gave up. I ended up arresting her (like Val but unlike Vic, who I killed because man, he’s just too troubled to save). That was a shockingly easy battle in the end.

Now back to HQ for the finale and the surprises that awaited me. Talked to Deth and will not be supporting her; it just doesn’t sit right with me what she wants to do. Got to put down this little uprising.

I can definitely see myself playing this through again, if only to take different story paths, play a different type of ranger. But I’m hoping by then they’ll have major patches and DLC out and the experience will be something fresh.

I didn’t look at it yet, so you’re good Rich :-)
Spoiler tag did its job!

And I am happy.

How do you throw a snowball at a party member?

Like… the UI just doesn’t let me. And everyone tip on the internet for how to do it is from a console version or something so basically useless.

Are you sure you want to? Someone upthread said it put out the fire, but maybe that was pre-patch. When I tried it, my party member was on fire and then when I hit them with the snowball, they were still on fire, but they also were frozen, which means they get less AP per turn while they’re in the frozen state. So now they were on fire AND they were useless.

Do you have friendly fire turned on when you started the game? Maybe if you have it turned off, it doesn’t let you throw snowballs at party members?

I have friendly fire and it puts out people on fire, but the game wont let me do it in combat, only afterwards.

Which is annoying, but so far not fatally so.