Bright - Elves, Orcs, Humans living together with Cats & Dogs

I have never heard of this, but it seems kind of cool.

Set in an alternate present-day where humans, orcs, elves, and fairies have been co-existing since the beginning of time. Bright is genre-bending action movie that follows two cops from very different backgrounds. Ward (Will Smith) and Jakoby (Joel Edgerton), embark on a routine patrol night and encounter a darkness that will ultimately alter the future and their world as they know it.

I’m in, I like Will Smith and the premise is neat. But like someone wrote on Evil Avatar, “…the potential for preachiness is vast with this one.” Hopefully it will just be a fun movie.

Huh, looks neat. Thanks for linking.

I’m pretty much in on any and all buddy cop action. Urban fantasy buddy cop? Yep yep yep, as long as it’s not too Will Smithy, heh.

Reminds me of Alien Nation. I can work with that.

I saw this trailer yesterday. I kept waiting for the Shadowrun logo to pop up.

Hell yeah.

I, uh, may have bought and read an embarrassing number of Shadowrun sourcebooks just for fun.

I mean that unironically – I was watching the trailer and said out-loud to my wife “Wow, they’re making a Shadowrun movie and Will Smith is in it. That’s awesome!”

I too loved the Shadowrun source-books far more than the actual game. I think I read at least one Shadowrun novel too… but it obviously failed to impress me because I can’t remember a single thing about the book; not even the cover or title.

Oh, it’s written by Max Landis. Outside of Chronicle, I haven’t been impressed with any of his movie work.

Looks intriguing, and I appreciate minimalist trailers, but I wanted to see a little more. Kinda excited anyway.

Oh, it’s written by Max Landis. Outside of Chronicle, I haven’t been impressed with any of his movie work.

The new Dirk Gently TV series is pretty good, at least. (Creator/producer, 60% or so of the writing.) Haven’t seen Chronicle or anything else by him myself.

So this is what Joel Edgerton decides to do after Loving? Play a elf cop in a Max “American Ultra” Landis TV series?

-Tom

Pretty sure it’s a movie, not a series.

Phew?

But, yeah, I guess that makes more sense. I was worried I was going to be watching 10 hours of Will Smith shooting dwarfs and elfs with an assault rifle.

-Tom

I don’t think I had grasped how badly I want this movie to exist until I read this sentence.

Shadowrun FTW! Just needs some trolls and a backstabbing dragon

Yup. Shadowrun looks just as goofy live action as we thought it would. That said, I am totally in for this.

I was just trying to remember how many years it’s been since I last saw Alien Nation (the movie, not the TV show). Probably over twenty.

It has Noomi Rapace in it. I’ll see it for no other reason than that.

Oh damn, that was awesome. I will watch that for sure.

Kinda seemed like one of those trailers that maybe gives away too much though. Ah well, I’ll survive.

You know, thinking about it, sure, this definitely looks like ‘Shadowrun: the Early Years’, but it also reminds me of a book I read a while back- John M Ford’s ‘The Last Hot Time’

[Url] https://www.amazon.com/Last-Hot-Time-John-Ford/dp/0312875789&ved=0ahUKEwjmqbqEvpvVAhXLwFQKHQSxBz4QFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNF6cOpMGf75zbx_jNRuedTaX6WS5A [\url]

Similar premise- magic and elves and stuff in the modern era, but in this it’s more like prohibition-era, instead of the cyberpunk future. Elf and troll mob bosses and smuggling and whatnot. The one shot on that trailer of the elf in the pinstripe suit kind of triggered it for me.

Anyway, fun book, and short- hardly more than a novella, really. I recommend it. Don’t know that he ever did anything more with the little world he created, which is a shame.

I didn’t see any dwarves in the trailer… just Elves and Orks. I did see a Fairie… which was like a mosquito… what the heck man. WHERES MY HOBBITS AND DWARVES AND GNOMES?!? I’m so tired of them taking the short races out of my fantasy… even if its in the modern world. Its like Bethesda started this trend with tall DWEMER dwarves. Thats so stupid.