Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ok I have really no idea what the lot of you are talking about.
Sure I don’t like the geekleague of america and their twisted revenge of the nerds, but the actual episodes are really good.Love this season just like the others, even if it’s often quite depressing.4 episodes to go and then I gotta catch up with Angel.

I watched a bit of the Angel season 3 overview, and Jeffrey Bell (I think) summed up my problem with the season perfectly – he said something to the effect of “This season is really cool, because we start off the season by giving each person a bit of hope to look forward to, then spend the rest of the season crushing it underfoot.”

I just don’t find that cool anymore. Maybe I would’ve found it really edgy when I was 16, but now it just seems kind of pointless. (Nothing against sad endings or dramatic irony, but they should serve a greater dramatic purpose than “it’s cool to grind characters underfoot.”)

Overall I liked Buffy S6.
Not perfect (still do not really like the trio as big bads, although Willow…whoa), quite a few depressing episodes, but there is nothing wrong with that.Guess I like angsty shit after all : )

Seeing Red was however…I have really mixed feeling about that one. Definitely memorable though.
Now I am well into S7, just seen Conversation with dead people, which was absolutely great episode and I will probably add it to my alltime favourites.Psych 101 with a dead vampire - great. So Season 7 I love so far too.
Plus it is nice to see Wayne Palmer again, I like that actor.

As far as Angel goes, I am still in second half of S3, because Buffy just entertains me SO MUCH MORE, so I will stall Angel until there is crossover, then I will catch up on it. Thanks for that crossover guide btw, Lamalo, it has been very helpful.

Season 7 of Buffy was what made me like him.

As far as Angel goes, I am still in second half of S3, because Buffy just entertains me SO MUCH MORE, so I will stall Angel until there is crossover, then I will catch up on it. Thanks for that crossover guide btw, Lamalo, it has been very helpful.

There is a crossover toward the end of Buffy S7 (Dirty Girls?) but it isn’t essential that you know what was happening on Angel.

Speaking of actors, Nathan Fillion’s role as the repellent S7 big bad Caleb really made it difficult for me to like him in Firefly. Anyone else have that issue?

Thanks for that : /

Naw. I couldn’t hold it against Nathan Fillion that he was given such a stupid, poorly written, questionably motivated, nonsensical role.

However, my deciding that that’s probably how Joss Whedon sees most men makes it difficult for me to like him.

Really? He spoiled for you that an actor appeared on a show seven years ago?

Spoiler, eventually Cloris Leachman takes over for Charlotte Rae in taking care of the girls on Facts of Life!

Well from my last 20 posts here documenting my first time progress through Buffy he could have guessed that I did not see it yet and do not know that Nathan even acts in it.Although the info that he acts in it is not what is spoilerish, the line with big bad is - for example if he is set up as a good guy, and later revealed as a bad guy, then I got it spoiled.
Anyway, ok, I will refrain from this thread until I am done with it…

Okay, I’m not one to jump in and defend Zylon or anything, but this thread did exist for over a year before you found it and turned it into Paul Cze’s Buffy Watching Blog. The big spoiler Zylon makes? Equis made it back on page one, post 19, over twenty months ago.

FWIW, there is no twist involved.

Maybe if you love Joss Whedon’s penis, he’ll learn to love it as well.

Am I the only person who liked 6 more than 7? While the nerd trio was lame, it was totally acknowledged in the show as being so, and I can’t help but love some of the references – arguments over who was the best James Bond, tons of Star Trek/Star Wars throwbacks. In Life Serial, when they argue about the painting of the Death Star on the side of the van – I loved that stuff. I enjoyed the Buffy/Spike “angsty shit,” because I love Spike as a character, even when he’s at his worst. And Once More With Feeling and Tabula Rasa are two of my favorite…oh, three or four episodes they ever made. And the ending is awesome.

Like every season, it had it’s weak moments, but I’ll take season 6 over 1, 4, or 7 any day of the week (even though season 4 does have some of my favorite episodes in it, overall it just doesn’t do it for me.)

I am reminded of that trio every time I watch “Big Bang Theory.” If only Sheldon used his powers for evil, instead of good ;)

Finished season 7.
Glad the Caleb spoiler wasn’t a spoiler at all : ). Or rather it was for about two minutes.

Overall, loved all seasons. First is weakest, my favourite overall is season 5 (best arc and perfect ending, not to mention The Body), fourth with its college thing and few brilliant episodes (Hush, Restless) is probably second favourite.
But again, I liked season 6 and 7 a lot too, even if both had elements I did not like. and just found out that the show is still going on in comic book form (there will be season 9?). Will definitely read that, as long as Whedon is involved.

But now, Angel season 4 and 5 are still ahead of me…

Congrats Paul! ^^ Season 5 is my favorite too for many reasons, including the amazing Glory (my second favorite big-bad, the Mayor is my first), The Body, the amazing writing, and the incredible ending. The show could’ve ended there, I think. I also think it was supposed to, originally. ^^

And yeah, you need to muscle through season 4 of Angel to fully grasp season 5, which is far, far, far better. I hate to say it, but I think season 4 of Angel is the worst season of any Whedon show. Sigh.

On one hand I also think it might be better if it ended there, but on the other…I just really liked those other two.And I would be fucking sad it’s over even earlier :(
As for favourite big bads - agree with you, Glory and Mayor were the best. Trio and Adam worst.
Although Angel and Spike weren’t bad as big bads either : ).

Angel & Spike were definitely my favorite big bads. The Mayor was great too but I think that was kind of a curse for the show as well- they went back to the well on the “humorous villain” thing a bit much and it never worked as well as it did with They Mayor (though Glory was significantly better than the Trio).

Whedon is involved in the comics and I think he has said that Season 9 won’t be as long as Season 8 (I haven’t read them yet but some people seem to think that S8 is dragging on a bit long).

Sorry, I just have a withdrawal symptoms : ).

Bwahahahahahahah! That episode was so awesome in so many ways. ^_^

Spike was a great big bad, but honestly I just ADORED Angelus. So awesomely evil.