Burt Reynolds RIP

Man, what a shock. RIP sir.

He was the biggest movie star in the world for about a 3-4 year window.

RIP, Bandit.

Holy shit what??

Jesus. RIP.

Wish he had gotten that Oscar in 98, but it was a tough field. (Robin Williams won).

I hope his last days were like this:

I live about 2 miles from where he died, and 1 mile from where his father was Police Chief. He will be missed. I think I saw every film the man ever made. I’ll miss him, anyway. Great artist? No. Good Actor? Yes. Cultural impact? Seismic. Good citizen and neighbor who gave back to Palm Beach County and Jupiter? Absolutely.

RIP, Bandit.

Yeah I was sad to hear this a few minutes ago. RIP Mr Reynolds.

Remember his cameo in Saints Row 3? :D

Stars don’t get that big anymore, and they probably don’t deserve to. RIP Burt.

Man, I was nuts about Smokey and the Bandit and The Cannonball Run once upon a time, I mean they were up there with Star Wars for me. Burt will always be a legend to me.

He supposedly loved this impression of him. He was a funny dude.

Sadly, I think the last thing I saw him in was the King in the “In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Story” movie.

I loved that the super serious newscast on one of Germany’s public networks chose this image to close their report on his passing.

Back in May, he joined the cast of Tarantino’s Hollywood epic, but it’s currently unclear if they’ve shot his scenes:

He was one of the biggest stars of the 1970s, and although his career derailed a bit in the 80s, it was nice he had a great comeback as Jack Horner. He did a great comedic turn in Alan J. Pakula’s Starting Over as a divorced man attending a men’s support group, and effortlessly showed off how confident he could be in Micheal Ritchie’s Semi-Tough. Watching him be fragile in Deliverance as Jon Voight takes the lead really proved how generous an actor he could be.

I love how Milos Forman described him as having “cheap charisma,” when he considered casting him in the McMurphy role if Jack Nicholson wasn’t available. I think that captures something about the charmed persona Reynold’s exuded. He was a real movie star. I’m very sad to see he’s gone.

One of the best Straight Man performances I have ever viewed.

EDIT: I forget this has a little something for @ChristienMurawski and @Brooski in it as well. :)

Haha, I love The End, Navaronegun, and that’s such a great scene.

Unfortunately, the family’s statement makes it clear he didn’t get a chance to work on the Tarantino film. :(

RIP. The 70s were a time when many movie action heroes made a habit of copping a 'tude and looking like they’d just drunk spoiled milk (Eastwood, Bronson, Ford) in the hopes of appearing tougher.

But Reynolds always looked like he was having a splendid time, and his movies were the better for it.

Oh wow. A legend. RIP.