Call of Cthulu: Cyanide's adaptation of the roleplaying game

Just finished Call of Cthulhu and honestly I’m disappointed with this game. It didn’t interest me and had to finish this quickly just to see the ending. Dark Corners Of The Earth is a much better game than this one and I hope The Sinking City is also better.

75% off on Humble Bundle.

I believe this win’s the award for fastest to 75% off. At 22 days after release. :)

Actually 78% off and .56 cents cash back for monthly subscribers.

So its pretty much guaranteed to be a shit addition to a upcoming humble monthly.

It must of been a price error, since it’s returned to normal now. Oh well, I’ve redeemed my key and despite the lukewarm reviews am keen to check it out.

After slumbering for a year, it is time for this thread to arise. Looks like the aforementioned deep sale is here in the Xbox Shocktober sale:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/call-of-cthulhu/BQZ10L79X0FP

75% off, $9.99 or £8.74.

Not a bad price. But did anyone here end up spend up any time with the game. Is it worth it?

The Sinking City is also on sale, but still $40.

It’s a decent game. The game is very atmospheric, story and voice acting are great too. If it was full price I wouldn’t have recommended it but with 10$ price definitely give this game a try.

Wow. Complete opposite assessment from me. Awful game. Terrible VO. Investigations suck. The run-and-hide bits are clunky and frustrating more than scary.

It had maybe the worst line reading I can recall (“Macarrrrrrbruh!”) but I didn’t mind it. I think I felt a decent amount of goodwill towards it purely for not just being a rehash of The Shadow Over Innsmouth. It felt like a budget-constrained videogame adaptation of your buddy’s pen-and-paper CoC campaign–with the appropriate level of acting and writing talent.

Mixed opinions to say the least. :)

The sale runs for 7 days. I’ll have a second look at the game and decide which side I’m likely to land on while the sale runs.

You seem to dislike it, did you finish the game? :)

Is that just the Xbox version or is the Win version on sale as well?

It’s alright. Definitely a B-game, but I enjoyed it. There’s some egregious filler and janky bits, but also some nifty touches, and I thought the ending was surprisingly strong.

Hmm anyone biting at 50% off?

@Soren_Hoglund 's recommendation has me tempted.

It’s one of the xBox Live Gold Free games until either the end of Feb, or mid march. I grabbed it at that price, as I do like that kind of game, and really miss Nocturne. will maybe give it a shot down the road.

Thanks for the reminder! Been so busy I had forgotten to grab it.

Yeah I downloaded this for Xbox Live Gold as well. I just finished investigating the mansion, and woke up in an insane asylum. I kinda of liked it so far, but it’s very very on rails, so it’s going to depend on a compelling story. Kind of reminded me of Vampire: The Masquerade in it’s feel and level design. But like, in a 90s, way, not in such a good way. I’ll probably stick with it a bit and see where it goes.

Man, some of the main characters lines are bad. The dialog choices are decent and I like the “unlock” system they have where you unlock additional choices, but the detective is way too blunt, he sucks getting people to open up, like if a 13 year old tried to be a hard ass detective.