Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 doesn't get Roman numerals

Oh, it’s a Dunkey video? I’ll have to watch it with sound when I get home.

Shocking…

$29.99 Battle Edition coming. Splits off MP and BR by itself so you don’t get the zombies mode or the goofy challenges in the character profiles.

That’s cool. I wish they would’ve had that at launch tbh. I’ve never gotten into Zombies and the challenges thing is very tacked on.

I have no idea what any of these characters or challenges or black market are all about… I just jump in and play BlackOut, wish they opened with this version.

More Blackout stuff, and more zombies mode.

Charles Dance
Kiefer Sutherland
Helena Bonham carter
Brian Blessed

So I bought it at release but had not the time to play it for long. Situation now is that it takes at least 5 min. until a Blackout match opens. Some people ingame say that’s normal. Well, that’s basically a dead game or insufficient matchmaking. Who wants to play this game if it takes several minutes each time to start the action?

It’s the pc version. Europe.

Does anybody have any recent experience?

I’ll try again tonight if I get the time. My main problem with the game is that I’m not good at it. I still don’t have a single kill in the game after 3 or 4 rounds of Blackout.

I’m glad it’s not just me.

-Tom

PC Call of Duty tends to become a ghost town over time. It’s a game that is played in far larger numbers on consoles whereas Battlefield seems to be the opposite.

@Rock8man
I tell myself those people who are constantly killing my alter ego are playing these kind of games several hours a week since years. If I’d do some training myself…I’d… I’d still suck I guess. I remember playing a lot of Quake via ‘null modem’ (? says the dictionary) and I have barley ever won. I love Battle Royale nevertheless. It is pure adrenalin. And that amount of adrenalin is physically addicting. So it takes 10 seconds, a whole magazine and awkwardly fleeing some bare fists …to kill a guy. So what? No shame in that :-)

It’s perfectly normal to have several matches without a kill as a ‘casual player’ I’d think? (What do others say?)

Sounds not good what DaveLong’s telling… I feared as much : \

Apparently I have to download an almost 20GB patch first before I can launch this game. And before that I had to upgrade my Battlenet launcher.

I got into a match pretty quickly. I landed in the area which Call of Duty Black Ops added for zombies, that asylum. I saw three or four other people landing on the roof with me. I quickly went down and explored enough to get some armor and some weapons and accessories. Then I waited around for a while, carefully exploring the asylum, looking for those other three people. The siren rang and the area was about to get shorter, so I was forced out of there. As soon as I took off outside the asylum and down onto the road, someone shot at me. I turned around but it was too late. I watched the kill cam and the person had been following me the whole time, slowly creeping up behind me, chasing me, trying to backstab me, but I was always out of their grasp. Finally when I left the building they pulled out their gun and shot me.

I quickly got into another game. This time it was a warehouse type building. As soon as I left the building someone shot me.

Then I got into another game. And after collecting weapons someone shot me from behind a third game in a row. Yay! I suck.

Uh, aren’t people supposed to work together in zombie mode?

The asylum is just a building in Blackout mode, I was not playing zombie mode. In Call of Duty: Black Ops (the first one) the zombie mode took place there. But in Blackout mode (which is what I was playing) it’s just one building in a pretty massive map.

Ah, I misunderstood. I think they also have to run around that asylum while waiting for blackout mode to start right? I need to spend time playing again.

Every time you start a Blackout round, they first put you in a random building or area to explore while you wait for all the players to join. It only lasts about a minute or two, and it does let you explore a building stress free. I’ve explored several buildings that way, but I’ve never had that place be the asylum yet on any of my rounds.

Historically, yes. But I think that’s mainly because PC players hate season passes, so when new paid content arrives, the user base splits and most people just bails. That shouldn’t affect Blackout, but maybe the CoD players mainly just want to play the normal modes?

Free trial for this is live…

Blech - 2002 wants its pixels back.