Call of Duty: Black Ops

I’m going with both. Oh, and Gears 3. And Fable 3. Civ 5. Portal 2.

Crap.

Just sold my copy of MW2.
About to order my copy of Black Ops. Even though I now have a decent gaming rig, the $20 Amazon gift card is making me lean towards the PS3 version.

Brink is 2011, so you’re in the clear

Unless he already bought Halo: Reach, right?

Need to?

To the OP: Hey, bots! Check that out! Someone used their brain and added a useful feature!

who in their right mind would do that? ;)

Apparently, zombies wasn’t comfirmed until today. I liked zombies alright but for 2 things: It took too damn long to get to challenging levels and there was no retry. If it wasn’t for those 2 factors, I think my time in zombies would have been double.

Very true. That was especially a problem with the first zombie map. The other zombie maps that were released eased the first problem somewhat because there was usually something to do right away and then the map opened up more interestingly after that.

I wonder what adding 3D to a project like Black Ops really nets them? Does it really increase sales enough to justify the expense?

I was thinking the 3D manufacturers are the ones who are actually paying that expense. IE Sony has paid Treyarch/Activision to make Black Ops into 3D. And that cost is very well justified, even if it has meant that Black Ops is 3D for even the competing Xbox.
Don’t take my word for it- The Giantbomb guys have said almost the exact same thing in their latest podcast.

Wait, so the new CoD is impressing PC grognards?

Shit son. I might just have to trade off my 360 copy of CoD4: 2, which I traded Prototype for (I know, right?) and have yet to touch.

Game leaked.

Good quality multiplayer clips can be found here.

Obsv:
-quickscoping is back and looks more effective than ever. I guess I’ll have to learn it.
-showed Players Online: 117. That’s a lot of leaking. edit: 1 of the videos shows him at his dashboard which is something called xexmenu 1.1. I guess he’s playing on some pirate network or something.
-I have to say that the guy playing seems to be on the dumb side or maybe he’s really nervous or something. Awful!
-the maps don’t seem to inspire, but maybe that’s the player’s fault.

You know you are my boy Sander, but quickscoping is back and is effective? Are you kidding me? I’ve seen probably a half dozen sniper clips or vids and know a few guys that played the beta (you know I’m obsessed with Black Ops, I think I’ve seen every leaked match out there). Quickscoping is 10000 billionty millionty percent less effective than in MW2 or in COD4. The only rifle that actually seems to get a good quick shot off a half zoom is the WA2000 strangely. The L35whatever bolt action rifle zooms in very slowly, the Dragunov zooms in slowly and only kills off an upper chest or head shot. There is no sleight of hand pro for sniper rifles with faster ADS…

Seriously dude, I have multiple people on my friends list that managed to play the Black Ops beta-they all reported that the quickscoping was harder than COD4, and completely different from MW2.

Anyways, I think the maps look fantastic. Smaller than MW2, bigger than COD4. Everything I see about this game makes me think its going to be by far the best COD yet.

Despite my reservations about supporting the great devil of Activision, the videos I have seen over the last few days have added up to make me very interested. I’d even sworn off buying this game after spending as much time with MW2 as I did, but I may have to go back on that and admit defeat.

No dolphin diving, nerfed quickscoping, killstreak kills not adding to the killstreak… All good changes in my book.

For my boy Sander and others worried about quickscoping in particular, from tonight’s #askJD (best community manager in the biz IMO).
JD_2020 Josh Olin
@
@Herbert_Gun No. Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We’re specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!
JD_2020 Josh Olin
@
@cdkee Nope. Quickscoping is way more annoying to a way larger group of people than the quickscoping community who loves to do it. #cheap

Told you they were gimping quickscoping! Also grenade launchers apparently can’t be fired in the first X number of seconds of a round, at least in S&D. More info not available, it was also from the session. Ton of great info really.

Interesting. Did my insane style of grenade launching where I had points and elevations memorized become more popular in MW2 after I quit?

Um, what is quickscoping?

Damn. This looks really fun.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=271412?

they may say they are gimping quickscoping, but the videos show otherwise as of the beta. In addition they say they don’t like rapid fire controls, but continue to not prevent them. (in other words, just because they say stuff like that doesn’t mean anything will be done about it unfortunately)

not sure about the quickscope, but I’m fairly sure we took certain steps on removing rapid fire controller.

some of those changes was in for some of the patches that was released for WaW too.