Call of Duty: Vanguard - CoD goes back to WWII

It’s a dog’s life, for sure.

“Most Explosive Eliminations” in the comments. I’m crying… :D

Battlefield puts in Santa Boris and the players burn their copies of the game. Meanwhile in WWII CoD Vanguard…

Heck, this was the preorder offer:

Yeah. Cracks me up how people will accept it differently in Call of Duty. Like I said in the 2042 thread, I think the problem is it’s a crappy looking skin with little real creativity. The CoD stuff is usually fully formed creative ideas made “real”. I liked the look of that Night Raid blueprint immediately!

The trip for me was the Halloween event trailer:

Like, why are you running from Ghostface? He has a knife and you have an assault rifle.

Ha! Did you play Scream Deathmatch? That was awesome stuff. Scary!

Yeah, say what you want about CoD (and a lot of the criticism is valid, I think), that’s one bad-ass looking gun.

Oh yeah. They do a fantastic job with the blueprints. I’ve bought my share of them or used earned CoD Points on them, and I rarely play without using one. I prefer the understated ones myself, but even those are usually just super slick, and gun skins we actually get to see when we use them too!

Free weekend for Vanguard.

Multiplayer only, I think?

Well, I’ve played BF and it’s BF, but I still worry about playerbase in a few months. Giving this a shot. Time to die…a lot.

Battlefield will be fine over time I think. This game has a massive number of players. You’ll have an easy time getting games.

Ya, I assume BF will also get put on the Game Pass too at some point, so I’ll prob finally go with Vanguard. Tried a Armageddon game a little bit ago. 8v8 and super tight map, but the play felt pretty good. Even got my first kill before my first death. I didn’t see the free weekend on the Xbox though, and I’ll prob get this there. Plus this has the whole Warzone thing which is daunting, but intriguing.

Warzone is completely free to play and highly recommended. The nice thing with the yearly releases though is being able to much more quickly level guns for Warzone.

The single player is very good also. Vanguard is a quality CoD release.

I have started playing CoD Vanguard and got the battle pass for it. I also have now tried CoD Black Ops Cold War which I am actually preferring. When playing Cold war I earn the battle pass for Vanguard, is there any way to switch this to Cold War, can’t seem to find anything about it

Well figured it out, there is no Season 6 battle Pass only Season 1 Vanguard. So I can earn Vanguard stuff by playing Cold War.

To be honest I really prefer Cold War but being a simple chap I only play TDM, I just can’t seem to cope with more than just killing people, the minute I do something else I seem to die a lot more.

The biggest pain is getting the unlocks on the weapons so I can compete a little more evenly but I am getting there.

They added a brand new mode to Vanguard yesterday that’s never been in any Call of Duty game and tbh, it’s the closest they’ve ever gotten to Battlefield and how that game feels while still using the excellent Modern Warfare-style movement and gunplay. I had two phenomenal matches out of about five of them. The others were clearly not as good because people didn’t know how to play yet, but the fact the other two were as good as any BF match I’ve ever had that came down to the wire has me really excited about the mode. Here’s the last one…

If you’re watching the timer, you’ll see how close we came to losing… literally a few seconds. Then we turned it around but almost lost again. I had myself a match… with a Fury Kill very late that probably turned the tide (followed by a chute splat…).

The way it works, you all drop from an airplane at the start with five bases to cap. You can try to cap any of them at any time. Once you take them over, they become defensible with large doorways that lock up. Inside, you can defend from various locations but also use buy stations to get streaks, throwables, and one loadout gun. All of that costs money you earn killing dudes or capping points. You can also buy vehicles including a Sherman Tank!

The cool thing is it’s not just a fight over the bases. You also fight over Nebula bombs that will be airdropped during the match. Capture one and take it to your base and you get to destroy one of the opposing side’s bases with a Nebula gas bomb that makes the base uninhabitable and closes off a section of the map around it.

These are vital to victory.

The video pretty much shows it all. I cap a bomb late in the game. I’ve played so many of these types of games through the years that I picked it up quickly and god damn it’s good. If you have Vanguard, by all means jump in. This is CoD doing great things for shooters again. It’s an excellent new experience. Also, unlike the recent BF2042, the map design is tremendous with lots of avenues to approach and lots of cover.

Hoo boy.