Call of Duty: Warzone 2 - War never changes, but levels do

Will try that when I get back home thanks

I guess this is technically the DMZ thread?

I haven’t played the mode much but this was cool. Pretty standard until the last three minutes or so. Literally escaped at the last possible second with our last guy with one hand on the ramp. Crazy.

Sorry about the audio, still struggling to find a good balance and now my voice is too loud. Here’s my run helping @Kadath

Was pretty exciting especially near the end. they have definitely overtuned AI in some regards.

Yeah, I misunderstood the sliders so I had my mic wide open picking up everything. Set it all back to default and now my voice is too low. Need to fix that today.

I also got my second win in the Warzone yesterday. Even with a low kill count in that one, it always feels like an amazing success.

Good question. We have two different thread for three different modes. Maybe the title of one of the two could change. Eventually we will have zombies too more than likely

I figure this is the free modes and the other is the paid stuff? I really think one thread would be better but I was shot down on that.

One thread or we riot :)

Even though it’s clear a lot more are playing MWII/Warzone 2.0/DMZ than usual at Qt3 with any recent CoD release, the bottom line is most of the discussion is never that specific to a single mode. Even if it is, everyone can learn stuff that works in other modes.

That’s what’s cool about the evolution of these games. It’s a platform for a variety of gameplay experiences where the core movement/weapons/spotting skill base you need is the same. We’re all playing the same game whether it’s the paid for multiplayer/campaign or the free to play more open worldish modes.

There really is a Nuke quest in Warzone 2.0.

Does Warzone use SBMM? With the Nuke, once they start that everyone has to gun for that squad yes? Hopefully it just seems common since all of the streamers and pros and grinding it, and isn’t going on every match, because it seems like if that is happening all the time it would ruin Warzone for most people.

It’s had SBMM since the beginning. It’s all the streamers talk about all day every day in all the BR games and they’ve been even more vociferous with Warzone than most.

Not sure how many here are still in the Warzone at all, but I’m still playing at least a few matches most nights. I’m up to six wins after a few months and the latest one really showed off how different the game is from Caldera/Verdansk. The addition of water brings with it completely different challenge and risk. Video below of a wild end game sequence. It starts about 10 minutes in because we looted unchallenged for the first ten… also, still love the proximity chat. It’s just so lively an addition.

Activision added a skin in Call of Duty based on the real-life “NickMercs,” a dude who co-owns the (in)famous Faze Clan.

Turns out he’s a transphobe ass. (Duh. He’s in Faze clan. Aren’t they all the worst kind of GamerBros?) He tweeted “They should leave little children alone. That’s the real issue.” in response to someone stating that LGBTQ+ folks should be able to love whomever they want.

He later doubled down on this statement by “clarifying” that he was upset due to “what he was seeing” and he stood by his tweet.

Activision was not amused.

Long ago, in a place far, far away, there was this magical thing called “due diligence”…

The real people skins have really not done anything for me. If I could put ME in the game? Yeah, that would be cool. Playing as Kevin Durant or Tim the Tatman? No thanks.

Like, the whole appeal of Call of Duty is you get to play soldier like you did as a little kid, and no one actually gets hurt. You just have fun trying to be army man. That’s the sell sheet right there. I think they lose the plot when they look for ways to make more cash.

As a huge fan of Nick Mercs, there’s only one thing left to do now.

tl:dr - “TimTheTatman” asked Activision to remove his promotional skin from the game to support his buddy “NickMercs.” Activision has done so.

So, all these folks are self-identifying as bigots, and reveling in it? Ok, then.

Been awhile in here… with the new PC and the recent update that added Urzikstan, I’ve come back to Warzone and it’s probably as good as it’s ever been. Like, this is on par with Verdansk again. It’s not quite that good, but it’s close. Some things are better. I think the overall package is right there. Best of all, so much of the stuff I’ve complained about in the past that was still broken in 2.0 has been fixed. The scoreboard is RIGHT now. Crazy. I know.

I haven’t bought Modern Warfare III, but I’ve been able to unlock a number of the weapons from that game already and have attachments for many of them too. Ground loot weapons are rather good, so you’re not completely worthless without a loadout either. The best part now is the map, though. Urzikstan has a lot of great locations and it allows for a lot of parkour-style play that means you can evade people and ambush them. Nothing will ever be Verdansk, but this is damn good.