Cancel Spotify and export playlists to something else comparable?

As my wife is an Apple nut, once I told her there’s an Android app for Apple Music, she begged me to try it, so no I’m transferring stuff over and will report back on that as well.

Oh really? Didn’t realize that Apple music was on Android.

Me neither. And good news. That giant Final Fantasy XIV playlist that both Tidal and Deezer chocked on made it fully over to Apple Music. Out of 7700 tracks, so far it’s only missing 100, which is NOT bad. Better than the other two services at this point.

Wow, impressive!

Yeah. Apple inherited an Android music service app when they bought Beats, whose fledgling music service, Beats Music, helped form the core of what is Apple Music today.

I remember when the Beats purchase went through many Android users of Beats Music worried they’d have no option to continue. I’m glad the eventual Apple Music app on Android turned out decently, for their sake.

Well as shocked as I am that Apple has an Android app, my wife hope it wins out in the end. So far 251 tracks missing out of 9700. My favorite artist is Al Green and so far it’s missing one album from him for some reason, but it’s his latest and really his weakest so it’s no big loss. Other favorites like Old '97s and Better than Ezra seem entirely intact. This is all looking quite good.

Update: Out of 13,000 tracks, 500 are missing. This is far better than any of the other services I’ve tried.

The Apple focused forums I visit often mention that Apple Music’s playlists and music discovery are not as good as Spotify’s. I don’t love it’s music discovery, but it does have a lot of playlists I like. The only think I really dislike about the phone app is that it likes to default to the “Browse” page which is full of hip new music that I would never ever listen to. I wish I could remove that page, but…Apple.

Some of the spatial stuff is really well done as well, assuming you have supported headphones.

Overall 867 tracks missing from 17,044. Pretty great. Well done Apple.

I can’t even imagine having a 17,000 song playlist.

This whole conversation makes it clear to me that I have no idea how people use these streaming services. I cancelled my Spotify (free) account but, honestly, there’s nothing on it worth saving. I use Pandora to find new music I like and then buy it off bandcamp or, if that’s not an option, Amazon. When I want to listen to a particular artist I still tend to play whole albums.

It was several dozen playlists.

I have one playlist for parties (remember them?) and it has about 50 songs on it. Generally if I want to listen to music, I want to listen to a specific song or album so I just search for it. Or I use the Discover thing that Spotify generates if I just want to try something new.

This is a very weird thread. :-)

No one is more surprised than I, let me tell you.

I am still pretty happy with youtube music though, as it was able to import my 80+ gigs of music easily.

Just quoting myself since no one answered. Tidal is not on Xbox at all. Deezer is, and ‘Listen In-Game on Xbox’ is a bullet point in the description. No idea how well it integrates into the system, but I’ll try it out in the next couple of days.

I resent Apple Music just because there’s no way to disable or remove it on iPhone, and around once a week when I connect headphones or carplay, it will hijack the connection from YouTube Music or Pocket Casts and start playing something random.

You can delete the app can’t you? Or do you use it sometimes?

Hah. I don’t remove the system Music app because, well, I have Apple Music, but I do occasionally change which song in my library is first in alphabetical order because of that annoying autoplay in my car.

Hah hah me too. Hearing about playtlists this and playlists that (not only in this forum) confuses me, as I listen music old school: I select an album from an artist, and I listen that.