Cancel Spotify and export playlists to something else comparable?

Just curious, why not use CarPlay? It’s really handy and works very well.

For those who are Tidal-curious, just saying…

and…

edit - ^^^^playlist import is a paid service^^^^

Welp ya got me, trying Tidal, transferring my stuff from Spotify now.

That’s fantastic, thank you.

Brian, will be curious to hear your opinion of it.

In my experience Tidal had some big gaps in their catalog. But also had some depth in places the others didn’t. This was… a year or so back? Before they had a free tier. Worth giving em a shot now that they do.

Honestly, I don’t interact with my phone that much, and having to connect it via a cable in the car, rather than just leave the phone in my coat pocket or wherever it usually resides, seems like another thing that I don’t necessarily need to add to my checklist. That, and the head unit on my car is slow and without doubt the worst part of an otherwise excellent machine. I really should try it though because I’m sure I am missing out on things. But usually, in the car I either listen to nothing, listen to SiriusXM, or listen to my stored music, and that’s pretty much it. Don’t even use the nav and can’t imagine a need for much else either. But as long as I can move between stored music and satellite easily maybe Car Play would be ok.

So apparently this is a paid service. I’m trying it, but it’s missing a lot of stuff in the transfer and my biggest playlist didn’t even make it over. Not the best first impression.

Yeah, seems you’re right; at least you can do it for just a single month to do the transfer.

There are also two (paid) options at that link: Tune My Music or Soundiiz, both $4.50 for 1 month.

I’m gonna run it again once it’s done. Out of 8,300 songs it’s missing well over 1,800, and it’s only halfway through the process. Not great numbers.

Also, Tidal has Daryl Hall and John Oates as separate people entirely. Wtf.

I almost had a seizure when it said it was missing Elvis fucking Costello but he is in there.

Well, Ye broke up with Tidal, so I could try them without worrying I’m funding his 2024 Presidential run…

I’m also trying Deezer, and in using that same transfer service, far fewer songs are missing, which is a good sign.

I really love Apple Music. There’s now an Android app and a web interface, so it’s a decent option even if you don’t have Apple devices.

Blink there’s an Android app for an Apple product?!

I haven’t used it, but apparently so: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.android.music&hl=en_US&gl=US

Hard to resist subscription income, even on someone else’s hardware. :)

Don’t you run the risk of getting your Google/YouTube account banned? Loosing access to your Gmail account would suck tremendous ass.

Does Tidal integrate into the Xbox system? That’s one of the best things about Spotify- it’s so good on there for listening to music while playing games.

Not only is there an Android App, it actually works better than the Windows version. The Android App gives you the same lossless and higher audio quality that you have on an iPhone. I’d even argue that because you can stream lossless over bluetooth with an Android device and there are some great USB-C DACS out there, it is an even better device than an iPhone to listen to Apple Music.

Apple Music lossless hasn’t come to Windows yet, as far as I know.

Nah, they haven’t banned anyone for doing this and it’s been a couple years.

Just to be safe you can sign up with a brand new Google account and use it only for YouTube and YouTube Music, that’s what I would do.

K so far Deezer has far more music from my Spotify playlists than Tidal. In the transfer Tidal couldn’t get a few thousand songs, whereas with Deezer it was only a few hundred, and most of that was from one Final Fantasy XIV playlist.

So I’mma give Deezer a shot and report back.