Cantata - Weird sci-fi & tactics (early access)

The zalgo title is already my favourite thing about this game. Bravo, @fox.ferro.

So… this game is a mix of RTS with tactical battles. Is that element like in the Total War games? How heavy is the RTS part?

It’s absolutely not. There is no real-time and all the combat takes place on the map.

Well this looks like extremely my jam.

There has now been a catgirl posted on Qt3… signalling its long and slow decline into senility

Hey, don’t speak bad things about catgirls! There’s nothing wrong with catgirls.

I don’t have a crush on that character. Nope.

She’s not interested, little sun. ;) (you’ll only get that joke if you’ve played Stormblood to the end, though)

But yeah, Y’shtola is awesome.

Psst, don’t tell scharmers about our secret orc massage topic guys!
I confess the weird fetish for big ears is not something I’d associate with old people, but I’m quite disconnected from reality.

I keep seeing this thread title as Canasta sci-fi and tactics and travelled back in my mind to playing the card game with my grandma back in Brooklyn. What its become a Sci-Fi game?!

Brain Fart Explosion!

Oh thank god. I thought I was the only one.

Ah thank you! Felswoop mentioned RTS upthread and I’m so bad at those that I don’t really buy them any more.

Foxy compared it to Advance Wars, and it is a really good parallel: you have to fuel your war machine constantly, as units get destroyed all the time (hence the micromanagement).
But it’s very different in many ways. There is even some clearly Old World inspired extra orders mechanics, which is a bit fiddly, but quite effective given the extremely simple UI and means of interactions chosen.

DasTactic compared it to Battle Isle, which I think is an interesting view.

Don’t reignite the fire into those old Amiga worshippers who insists Japanese tactical games come from Battle Isle!

… Oh my, is DasTactic secretly an old Amiga worshipper? ;0

Aww, what happened to my b̸͖̒̊ȅ̴̫͍ā̷͔u̵̫̓̀t̴͎̿ĭ̷͓̱f̴̩͆ͅǘ̶͍l̸̨͕̽̊ unicode?  (╥﹏╥)

The only Battle Isle I played was a bit of Andosia War (mainly because it was a sort-of sequel to Incubation, one of my all time faves). Didn’t feel much like this, though it’s been awhile.

I didn’t play as much of this today as I’d have liked* - one thing I ran into was supplies getting ‘overstocked’ in my factories - like multiple slots getting taken up with e.g. fuel when a single stack of 10 would’ve probably done. Anyone find a way to stop this happening? I ask because I ended up removing a factory and all that stock just got deleted (I think?) which felt like a total waste.

* I thought it’d be a chuckle to take a chunk out of my left hand with a screwdriver. Then I, uh, bought a car. Only minorly related. Consequently ended up distracted most of the day.

An easy way to prevent overprodcution from the bottom up is to manage your energy output input at your base (setting it to 0 will do what it implies). You can also cut supply lines and should rearrange them as to not stock up useless stuff in buildings you don’t intend to produce from anymore; the production will be wasted all over the place, I think, if you don’t.
I haven’t tested the opposite case of the later, since I enjoy making clean production lines so much :3

The game is 20% off, with a new update

They updated to 0.4 , but there is still not enough content, or at least not something that is substantial.
I think this may be a 2024 game at this rate.

0.5 update, 3 new chapters, better ai, multi selection