Car chases and Gunfights: The Good Guys

Damnit, I was really liking this show.

Season 2 first episode 9pm FRIDAY on FOX.

Wait, I thought it was still season 1?

hmm I dunno, myepisodes.com listed it as season 2… :|

Huh, TheTVDB lists 'em as season 1. Somewhere wires are crossed.

Production wise, I’m pretty sure it’s just a continuation of the first season. Like how USA breaks stuff up into Summer and Winter seasons, but those are still ultimately sold together as a Season X DVD set.

Awesome glad to have this back to fill my Burn Notice niche.

Jenny Wade in the Sparkly Dress made my brain fall out of my head. That should be her new official lawyer uniform, so she can wear it all the time.

Concur.

I think in the case of The Good Guys, it’s being sent to Fridays precisely because expectations for Friday shows are low. It gets horrible ratings right now, and there’d really be no way to justify bringing it back on a more competitive night.

Am I the only one who spent a couple episodes of this show convinced Jenny Wade was actually Melissa Rauch from Big Bang Theory?

Anyway, the “trying to pick something off the floor without bending over” scene was great. And I really hope the revamped version doesn’t lose the quirky bad guy of the week. I loved the cultured cat burglar and the hit man from the first episode in particular. When Julius got some Spanish wrong and my friend I was watching it with who speaks Spanish fluently sighed and went “No…the tense is all wrong there.”, and then the hitman goes and says the same thing on screen, it was a great tv watching moment.

I’d like to thank you guys for this thread. I skipped watching this show because it sounded like just another cop show when I kind of glanced at the description, but this show is hilarious. Just on episode 7 right now in season 1 and I’m hooked.

Yeah this stuff is over the top, but it’s like watching a decent buddy cop movie on a weekly basis, it’s great!

That scene was indeed great, she looked smoking hot.

What do you mean by revamped version? Are they changing the formula sometime soon?

The last two episodes have been just great. This show is really on a roll. And the best part is, even if the show gets canceled tomorrow, it’s not a big deal. Each episode is just fun, there’s no overall arc or story. So I’d be sad that there’d be no more Good Guys car chases or gunfights, but it’s not one of those cases where I want to be sure not to get drawn into a show that gets canceled before they finish the story. I can enjoy each episode as it comes.

I hope to hell this doesn’t get cancelled.

I also will be sad if this gets canned…

Especially when Shit my Dad Says is still on the air :(

It’s too bad it’s in the Friday night death-slot. How’s it doing compared to other things on at the same time on Fridays?

Here’s a nice summary with chart for this Friday. It’s the second lowest rated show of the night in the 18-49 demographic. Everything except a show on NBC is beating it. And I’ve never heard of that NBC show. I don’t think it can last much longer with those ratings.

What’s sad is most of that stuff on that list is total crap compared to The Good Guys. I really would be sad if those show got cancelled because it’s a really nice change of pace of all the other shows. I really don’t think it’s marketed all that well because I personally almost passed it by thinking it was going to be just another cop show.

I honestly can’t fathom how any of that other stuff is more popular than this show. Come on, some “reality” show and a freaking tired CSI show? holds head in hands Then again, there’s a lot about my fellow Americans that I can’t fathom, like the last election results.

I would just like to say that Samantha is really adorable.