Civilization VI

ai-where-were-going-we-dont-need-ai

Tornados now. Must be natural disasters. How exciting. /s

new expansion called ‘Gathering Storms’ to be released feb 14, 2019 focusing on warfare/diplomacy

thats the most logical thing I read today

ymmv

Seems to be focused on natural disasters though if you watch the live feed. And someone on Reddit looked at the webpage code and it mentions Vesuvius.

It would be nice if you’re right, but their advertising direction doesn’t make me hopeful.

Edit: of course natural distasters would be the more flashy feature to advertise, so the other stuff will be mentioned later. Just feels like 2K desperately want to be Paradox here.

It’ll be a nice new expansion to play when you’re eating alone on Valentines Day.

I still haven’t picked up the first expansion for Civ VI. More stuff is good, I guess. It took some expansions for Civ V to hit its stride. However, and I know this is an incredibly obnoxious position, this really turns me even more off picking up Civ VI on the Switch since it does not include all the DLC and the first expansion.

When you launch on a new platform, I think you should release a complete edition of what has been released, like Blizzard did with Diablo. Not having the expansions and releasing another, new expansion a quarter of the year later just triggers my feeling of being nickle-and-dime’d.

I guess that’s my spoiled brat regurgitation for the day :)

World Congress, resource wars (for oil), choice between world-destroying energy production or eco-friendly policies.

Another game with a February release date, oddly enough this one lands on the 14th. Why must publishers insist on packing everything into February in 2019. Stop it, I literally cannot buy all the games!

https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-gathering-storm-new-expansion-release-date-pc-february-14-2019/

We shall see how in plays out in practice but everything I’ve read so far seems interesting to me. Additionally, they’re adding stuff like canals to the game, so that certainly peaks my curiosity.

Stuff I noted from the stream (some already mentioned):

• Central theme is climate change and renewable resources
  • Return of the World Congress from Civ V, but changed
  • New resource: Diplomatic Favor
  • New victory condition: Diplomatic
  • New randomized future era
  • Every civ has four different “jersey” colors
  • Rivers, volcanoes, etc. can be named
  • Dynamic yields (due to disasters) for tiles
  • New tile features
  • New World Climate screen
  • Updated map generation
  • Three new Governments
  • “Took a hard look” at Warmongering and Agenda systems
  • Added build queues, as well as master build queue screen
  • Hall of Fame added
  • New civs, of course

Rise & Fall was $30, this one’s $40. Still a Day 1 buy for me!

$40??? This should be a free update to fix this stupid, boring game. How they made a game worse than the last 2 iterations is beyond me. There is nothing in this DLC that even indicates to me they have any idea what is wrong with this game or how to fix it, because the boneheaded AI should be the #1 thing on the list.

My sister sent me the link to this morning. If I don’t luck out this holiday season and one of our freaking games doesn’t release and she doesn’t get a PS4… I might have to play this again, because I love her and stuff and even playing a not great game with your sister is better than playing no or very few games with your sister.

I assume they don’t think there is anything wrong to fix. Sales are good and people seem to like the last expansion. Why fix anything?

Civ5 is still beating out Civ6 on Steam play chart. That tells me that there are a very large number of Civ players that aren’t being served by the latest version of the game. That’s a lot of money being left on the table.

I’m not a strategic genius by any means, but Civ6’s horrific AI actively interferes with my ability to enjoy the game. Add on all of the numerous subsystems that seem to add nothing but busy work and further confuses the stupid AI.

All of this makes me super sad because I’ve been playing and loving Civ since 1993 and Civ6 is the FIRST new iteration that I’ve enjoyed less than the last version. Also, the first version that seems to be doing worse, player-wise, than the last version. That should concern all Civ fans.

You are a good sister Nesrie.

Some days. heh.

We played the first one together, two chairs huddled around one used computer. Civ is in serious trouble if she ever turns from it.

I love my brothers but I would life in their dingus faces if they suggested this disaster as a co-op game to play together.

Civ VI is the only Civ I’ve never played.

Civ V is not great, but aside from the stupid culture busywork putting things in slots it’s not actively trying to upset me. So much in Civ VI seems like it would be.

OMG dude you need to fix that shiz.

Never played! I’ve played every other one! Just not VI!

Oh god, sorry, I’m out of it today. Apologies.