Classic Video Game "Book Club" -- Who's in?

And here it is

Now hurry to sign up and serve the Emperor.

Sometimes I have to consult with Zoltar about who the next decider, other times I see them on posters at my local pub.

Pogue Mahone, you’re up.

Sweet, writing it up now, will have us a new game by end of day.

Sexy. Thanks for that look at TIE Fighter, Craig!

At my current rate of play I will finish sometime in December. I am glad I chose it over Civ IV though, it plays better in 20 minute chunks.

New classic game posted: Colossal Cave Adventure.

Pod is next up.

We are at the halfway point of the current list, which seems like a good time to remind people that the list isn’t closed. You can sign up at any time – I have many rows on my spreadsheet.

I’ll add you to the list with that note, which means that you will be one of the next two deciders. I’m happy to accommodate that if there are no strenuous objections.

I object!

… to being without internet for 3 months.

Next game thread up. Wish I could do dat.

Desslock is up next, he gets the good fortune of having his turn coincide with the GOG Fall sale.

I’m going to take a raincheck on this one, Casey, as I really want to keep my gaming time free for Fallout 4. I haven’t played any of the big RPGs that have come out in 2014 or 15 at the time of release and I finally want to change that.

OK, not a problem. Lemme just poke this random number generator a few times and see what it says.

The RNG says krayzkroc is next.

Dag-nabit. I caught your krazy “yz” but missed the “k” somehow.

I just played SS2, but an excellent choice nevertheless. Like its predecessor I disliked the ending, but the journey there is fantastic.

Have any of you tried playing the original Diablo lately? I never actually got around to it until just now (I played 2 into the ground though). I’m having fun, but man oh man is it missing a lot of the creature comforts you get with newer games in the genre.

I loved Diablo back in the day, but yeah, I had trouble going back to it because of interface issues. It’s extremely clunky in comparison to Diablo 2 and beyond.

We’ve had a request and a second (close enough) to extend the current selection by two weeks. A one week extension would push it out to Thanksgiving Day, which is probably also slow time. So I propose that we do grant a two week extension.

Any objections?

No complaints here.

Nope, just got the game myself, so I am more than eager to give it a go.