CNN Mega Debate Thread

Abortion time! Here we go.

Kamala’s all “remember when I pwned that Kavanaugh jackass?”

-Tom

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1184292450950696960

This question is phrased weird. “How will you stop them?”

Why though? There’s really no appreciable difference in any of the major candidate’s views on this subject.

Could be discussing environmental policy right now instead.

My answer would be "They will stop themselves when all new investment dries up in their backwards ass states. "

Yeah, true, kind of a waste, given the field. But I suppose the questions are phrased as a given and phrased to extract strategy speeches.

Edit: … aaaaand Warren sums it up well. Abortion choice rights are for the poor, the rich do what they want.

Every candidate: why is nobody else talking about the fact that abortion restrictions impact the poor the most?

She’d obliterate Trump. But HRC also obliterated him.

I am LOVING the raised hands. Everyone is being so polite.

GUT PUNCH from Bernie! What heart attack?

Biden just straight up lied about Obamacare. Insurance companies loved it, because it guaranteed tens of millions of new customers.

I don’t understand why the answer to the question about how we’d pay for Medicare for all isn’t:

Nobody asked how we’d pay for a forever war in the Middle East that has cost way more than Medicare For All. The answer is simple: America is a very rich nation and has the resources to pay for this if we want to.

Castro punts the final question. Come on, dude, give a specific example to show you’re human.

Aloha means “I come to you with respect?” I think Gabbard just made that up.

-Tom

“I don’t see deplorables,” Gabbard says. I wish folks wouldn’t back off that word. It’s such a perfect word.

-Tom

Close enough, IMO

Aloha (/ɑːˈloʊhɑː/; Hawaiian: [əˈloːˌha]) is the Hawaiian word for love, affection, peace, compassion and mercy, that is commonly used as a simple greeting[1][2] but has a deeper cultural and spiritual significance to native Hawaiians.

I hear stuff like that and it feels like it’s just people gloating about getting to live in Hawaii.

Blech, more John McCain paeans.

-Tom

Klobuchar nails it.

Wait, so Booker’s pick was Ted Cruz? Ugh.

-Tom