CoD: Warzone

Plunder is back to quads again because everybody liked that.

I wish when these big patches came out there was a marked patch note “[Yes][No] Bismarck, this one [will][will not] repeatedly crash your game” just to save my time.

Knock on wood haven’t had a crash in a whole week. Let’s see how this one goes.

Amazingly, I updated the game and then when I started it it said “the update requires a restart” and closed itself again.

This is the gift that keeps giving.

I’ve had that several times, but not every time. Is it a big update? It might only happen with the larger patches, I really have no idea. I haven’t hated a game this much that I play this much (thanks, friends!) since PUBG!

As per, I’m sure Quad Plunder is great if you have three friends, but it’s a nightmare for randoms. Someone routinely ditches the team the first time they die and then someone else will see the team down a player and quit themselves.

So on the plus side, no crashing yet. But on the downside, going solo in plunder and going in a four person team is the exact same thing.

It’s only great if you have three friends who know how to stick together and not get into quagmires. I guess it’s still fun enough.

30GB patch day also mean we get to install shaders again!

Duos are back in the BR mode. Not that it matters, because the game is back to crashing 100% of the time for me again.

Crashes as soon as you start a game? Try this, open the game and while its launching, go to the game folder and rename the game.

That stopped the crashing for me… weird i know.

I mention that upthread as one of the ones I found way back when it was crashing all the time shortly after launch. Sadly it does nothing for me.

Warzone Season Four dropped this morning, so there are a whole new load of goodies to grind for.

They also added a team deathmatch mode, and dropped Plunder back down to trios from fours, which is nice.

The TDM mode is good for leveling weapons, but feels a bit static. It uses various locations around Verdansk for fights, but every one I’ve been in so far has been open country which means movement is usually death from the droves of snipers, so combat becomes two lines pushed forward as far as their cover will allow, engaged in medium range gun battles. I enjoy that, but it’d be interesting to see how different the mode would be if they took snipers out for a day. Or even if they dropped anything higher than the 3.25 power scopes.

Every game could take snipers out forever I and I would be extremely happy.

I hear you there. Fortunately with TTK being so low suppression works to a degree, so I took out the PKM and just hosed down likely positions as my squad moved which worked OK. Provided I could move up behind them again without getting decapitated.

I need to build a TDM loadout though, because Ghost and Cold Blooded aren’t really needed when it’s ~50 a side.

50v50 doesn’t really work without objectives.

Hah, you won’t get me to waste money on a new battlepass this time IW!

**** 5 days from now ****

Dammit it crashed again, how am I ever going to make progress on the battlepass?

Pure geekery but a great Digital Foundry video on the engine tech of CoD. Impressive for a multiplatform title.

It better be good for the amount of drive space it takes up! 98.9GB on my disk as of today’s 40GB download patch, which increased the size of the game by 6.2GB.

And now Plunder is gone altogether, because Jesus Fucking Christ.

I wonder what percentage of the userbase is/was into that mode. Maybe it’s just for the “free multiplayer” weekend?

I don’t normally have to wait to get into a Plunder match, so enough people to keep it ticking over all the time at least. Of course, I know exactly how many people are in the mode this weekend…

They left all four flavours of BR mode in when it seems they could have dropped one of those and kept Plunder because choice is good.