Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

Dredd it is!

The 40:40…

http://imgur.com/5WLecUJ

60:60…

http://imgur.com/5SsmnDc

and 80:80…

http://imgur.com/LfHpW2g

Dreddless!

So how do you folks go about screenshotting Netflix movies? Netflix browser is a pain to hit a specific second square. Netflix Windows 10 app blocks screenshots.

Okay so here’s the 20:20:

I can answer! Or at least tell you how I did on my phone. Perhaps a similar trick would work for you.

So screencaps on iOS Netflix give a black screen. BUT! I did a tricky thing, I double tapped the center button, which is the equivalent of doing Windows button + Tab. By having this, which is handling the screen processing at the OS level, it bypasses the app’s screen block.

Now on a Windows 10 tablet I’m not sure what trick would work best for you, but you need to bypass Netflix in some way.

I recognize Lee Byung Hyun there in the foreground. I’ll guess A Bittersweet Life.

I Saw the Devil?

Bleurgh, I could never do this stuff on my phone! What kind of animal are you?

So close!

Bingo.

Will post the other frames up later when I’m… back at my computer @CraigM.

Take the floor @Justin_D_Herd!

Edit: I wasn’t too keen on either I Saw the Devil or Bittersweet Life. My friend lent me a bunch of Eastern films he recommended and out of them all I think my favourites were Memories of Matsuko, Memories of Murder and I Wish.

One that was at work who had never gotten a movie before since you all watch way more than I do, so had no screens prepared ;)

Work with what’s at your disposal, and popping off Netflix from my work desktop wasn’t it :P

Here’s the 40:40:

The 60:60:

80:80:

100:100:

And just pipped a 120:120 in. This was a long film:

I do love me some I Saw The Devil. I do wish there’d been more to it, but for all its faults, I did enjoy its sadistic assault on the serial killer.

Little bit rusty, so I hope my game face is strong.

So here’s the 20:20.

Banshee Chapter?

-xtien

Bam! Got it in one.

40:40

60:60

80:80

I’m working on my next YouTube video, which will feature this film, though I’m not necessarily sure how to handle it.

Onto you @ChristienMurawski.

Oh my god, the 60:60. That scene had me hiding behind anything. We really enjoyed Banshee Chapter I think mostly because its horror ‘subject’ was so inscrutable. The intro set the tone perfectly. We watched it around the same time as Absentia and that had a similarly unplaceable terror to it.

I can’t remember what it was that turned me off of I Saw the Devil because looking back there are some great scenes in it and some really unexpected twists and turns. It’s a proper thriller.

Bueller…

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean you double-tapped the center button? I tried doing this on my iPhone, but I still just get black screens.

Ok you know how double tapping the button brings the scroll of open apps?

That’s it. I brought that up and took the screenshot of that. Then I cropped it after uploading to imgur.

Fascinating. I hadn’t realized Netflix started blocking screen shots too (I knew the iTunes purchased media started doing this).

Two things:

1. You can’t be in Netflix when you double-tap, otherwise it will still black it out. You have to pause it, switch out to the main springboard or another app, then bring up the app-switcher from there.

2. You can’t actually get the full screen shown in this view, it’s still going to clip some of the right edge. I tried a shot of MST3k and while there’s a full seat visible next to Crow in the full frame, you only get half of that seat at best when you try to position the app-switching preview window.

Holy cats! I got Buellered! Sorry for taking so long, folks.

The new twenty:

-xtien

Jabberwocky

It is not Jabberwocky.

The forty:

-xtien