Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

First Knight?

Barry Lyndon and the Holy Grail

The Princess Bride?

A Field in England

Robin Hood Men in Tights

I think CraigM got it. ;)

I would be legitimately shocked if I did, but it was the only movie that fit my criteria

1. relatively modern
  2. probably comedy
  3. hadn’t been picked

Number 3 was shockingly hard!

Sadly, no. @CraigM did not get it. Nobody else did either.

sixty-one:

-xtien

The 20:20 is really familiar, but I can’t recall where I’ve seen it. Welp.

It isn’t Ladyhawke, is it?

Jack the Giant Slayer?

In fact, it is Ladyhawke. Well done, rhamorim!

The eighty-whatever:

The one-hundred (with our English-accented Bueller, at last!):

I watched this again last year, to prepare for the fundraiser podcast of Goonies, since it was directed by Richard Donner and I had totally forgotten that. Good lord is this a cheesy movie, and that’s due mostly to the terrible score and the Costner-level accent of Mouse. It was fun to watch it again, though, and I’ve been saving it since then.

You have the conch, @rhamorim!

-xtien

“Do you know that hawks and wolves mate for life?”

I have such a fondness for that movie. The soundtrack is most of the time terrible, the pacing is kind of weird at times, but it has pretty good photography and one of the most haunting pieces of dialog I’ve ever heard.

“Are you flesh, or are you spirit?”
“I am sorrow.”

Funnily enough, the almost exact dialogue happens in the first expansion of Witcher 3 (Hearts of Stone). It was kind of heartwarming to see such a great dialogue used somewhere else, even if somewhat altered to better fit that particular place. :)

Ok, I’ll try to pick something tonight. Great pick, @ChristienMurawski - I was kind of surprised to see that no one had picked this movie yet!

Sorry for taking this long, but the last few days have been… complicated.

There’s a good chance I will lose this one, because I’m not sure how many people actually watched this movie (or even know it exists), but I loved it, so here it goes. The 20:20:

13 Assassins?

No, but not a bad guess.

Samurai in the Woods?

-Tom

Is that Taboo/Gohatto?

Great. Now Styx is gonna be stuck in my head all night long.

-xtien

The Bushido Blade? (no relation to the PS1 game)