Come guess this movie in the 2017 20:20 game!

Yeah, I don’t get why some folks are in such a hurry that they can’t limit themselves to one frame a day. It would be nice if everyone could participate.

It would also be nice if the rest of you could quit ganking the easy ones out from under me! I totally could have possibly maybe gotten the Star Trek frame.

-Tom

This totally makes me think of my favorite Dead Milkmen song. Which will now be running through my head all night. Thanks Soren.

-xtien

“I tapped her on the shoulder and said
Do you have a beau?
She looked at me and smiled
And said she did not know”

Sorry about the quality, my Blu Ray drive gave up and Xbox won’t let you screenshot movies, so here i am screenshoting a stream of a movie i own on disc.

20:

I often have that problem, since my computer refuses to play my blu-ray discs. I imagine it’s because I have a video card that’s too old. But still, some of my regular dvd copies end up with crappy looking screenshots. All depends upon the transfer.

No need to apologize.

-xtien

That looks like a textile factory and since it’s the only movie I know about a textile factory, I’ll guess Norma Rae.

It is not Norma Rae, here is the 40:

Textile factory, that color palate, a vague Euro-vibe. Gomorrah?

I’m addicted to the TV show, which may explain my guess.

Good guess, but it’s not Gomorrah. Here is the 60:

…and since that probably isn’t helpful, here’s the 80:

Ah. Un Prophète?

-xtien

Well done, that’s the one! I thought i remembered that at least on person on the pod had seen it. What i didn’t remember, as is evidenced by the number of screens, is that this is a very long movie, which i thought just flew by when i first saw it. Is Tom the one with the immutable dislike of prison movies? Because i share the same disposition towards that particular genre, but absolutely loved this exmaple of it.

100:

120:

140:

@ChristienMurawski, c’est à toi!

Pretty sure that it was actually Xtien that professed his distaste for prison movies.

“Crickets”

It appears that we’ve solved the issue of people posting frames too quickly

Sorry. I’ll have a new frame up in a couple of hours. The two I had queued up were already done; I searched them incorrectly the first time.

-xtien

I came across the episode in question by chance yesterday: both aren’t fans, with Christien reluctant to recommend Un Prophete to Tom based on their shared dislike of the genre.

The new twenty:

I’m pretty sure this will go quickly.

-xtien

The Forest?

I’m pretty sure that’s all I’ve guessed recently.

Ding ding ding! It is indeed The Forest. I actually chose it because it feels like you have been guessing it a lot recently. I thought about it first when I saw the 20:20 of After the Rain.

The forty:

sixty-one:

The eighty-whatever (Scary shoe!):

You have the conch, @Justin_D_Herd!

-xtien

“I don’t hear anything…only silence.”

Yes. This is true. The whole you-have-to-kill-the-guy-for-protection prison movie, all of the cliches inside most of those movies, kind of wear on me. That said, I’m not immune to the charms of Shawshank sometimes, or Cool Hand Luke. My dad was a big fan of Papillon, and it’s good…I just don’t feel like watching it ever again.

I guess what I’d say about Un Prophète is that I admire it far more than I like it. It’s kind of a slog. I find it surprising that it flew by for you, because when the frame with the bars finally made it click for me all I could think was, “Poor BellaConfusione is gonna have a bunch more frames to post and this was the 80:80.” I felt every minute of that thing. And again, I admire it but I’d hardly compare it to The Godfather as the London Times does.

And I love Tahar Rahim (The Eagle, FTW!), but didn’t recognize him from the first two frames until seeing that hand on the bars.

-xtien