Comedy Podcasts?

Hey cool. I’ve heard Hitchhiker’s quite a few times, but I’m always up for hearing it again. And I didn’t know there was a Flight of the Conchords podcast/radio play.

It was a radio show on the BBC before it got made into the HBO show. There’s some overlap in terms of songs and plots (thought the radio show is set in London), especially for the first season of the TV show, but it’s definitely worth checking out in its own right.

Alice Fraser, who some of you may know from the Bugle, recently did a great three-sets-in-one-evening show called Trilogy. It’s now available as a podcast.

Rare comedy podcast and gaming crossover: the most recent Beef and Dairy Network podcast is about retro gaming, specifically the long forgotten Beef Boy console. Matt Lees features as, um, a gaming Youtuber.

I’ve tried the Beef and Dairy Network a few times and it never clicked, maybe I’ll give this one a try.

Australia is currently enjoying a golden era in comedy podcasting. These are three of my current favourites.

The Sporting Probe with Roy and HG
Roy Slavin and HG Nelson (not their real names) have been broadcasting a show on FM radio since the late 1980s and more recently in podcast form. If you watched the Sydney Olympics in 2000 you may have seen their show, with their unofficial Olympic mascot, Fatso the Fat-arsed Wombat.
The podcast is ostensibly about sport, but it’s pure satire. The language is pure Australia. Lots of local Australian references may make it difficult for our US brethren to follow.

Tony Martin’s Sizzletown
The world’s best three sound-effect talkback radio podcast. All the callers are voiced by Tony Martin.

TEAM Effort
Leading you to a better life. Questionable accounting advice. Often deliciously filthy.

Don’t forget Alice Fraser’s standup show, Trilogy, which was put out as a podcast. It could also go in the storytelling thread, now that I think of it.

Did anyone mention the Thrilling Adventure hour, which is coming back?

I missed it entirely, now really want to listen to it, but apparently can’t anymore. What?

I think the backlog is behind a paywall, but the new stuff isn’t.

https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/5b3a6bbae1db77ff0c0480c9

http://thrillingadventurehour.com/

Yeah, you can get all the old stuff via Patreon, which I highly recommend doing. When it was running, it was my single favourite podcast.

Discussion in the dedicated thread here.

Done. Hope it’s available soon. I need my Marc Evan Jackson fix.

Oh it’s actually available! I’m listening to episode one right now. This is funny!

You will love Spark Nevada, Marshall of Mars. He’s from Earth.

My personal favorite series is Captain Laser Beam which has my favorite character later on, Philip Fathom, the Deep Sea Detective!

G’loot Praktaw

Which Croach the Tracker Designates G’loot Praktaw.

If you want to discuss your favorite episodes.

I used to have all the episodes on my OnePlus One in Pocketcasts, waiting for me to listen to it one day, but I was running out of space so I had to delete all my podcasts, sadly.

I’ll have to look into that Patreon thing one day.

I thought I’d lost my complete archive when I forgot the passcode to my previous handset, but it looks like if you still have the old feed in PocketCasts, you can still download the archived episodes, for a couple of years back anyway.

Oh wow, you’re right. So it’s not like old Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History that refuse to download anymore.

The earliest one it has though is from Jan 2011, Jefferson Reid, Ace American 1, which the description says is TAH #3 apparently.