Commercials you (and I) Love

As a counterpoint to the other thread, let’s share commercials we love? I’ll start.

I actually use this commercial at work when demonstrating some software applications. It always gets a chuckle.

https://youtu.be/8NvSgrxp8Yg

This was a such a creative ad campaign.

I suppose a lot of these commercials are simply nostalgia talking. But what I remember the most about Nancy from the Bounty commercials was how she ended up being Rhoda’s mom on the sitcom. I do not remember where she appeared first the commercial or the show. I always thought the Quicker Picker Upper was a really good slogan and play on words.

I remember visiting San Fran about 9 years ago and when the Trolley rang its bell I started started to sing the jingle (just like a lab rat who has been conditioned).

The commercial for local chain Pet Food Warehouse back when I was in high school and too nervous to actually try catnip:

Also AT&T’s pretty accurate though all wrong prognostications of The Future and all the cool stuff we will have been doing with our sufficiently advanced technology indistinguishable from magic. (If only AT&T could imagine the future again – and emphasize there will be no fascists then.)

And Michael Bay’s greatest achievement, the Aaron Burr “Got Milk?” commercial.

I’m seeing something in common here – these were from when I had a lot of time to watch network TV and generally before other technologies existed that would erase the commercials for me. Nowadays we almost never watch Over The Air broadcasts and don’t have cable, so when we do see TV, commercial breaks are kind of shocking. My toddler likes to watch YouTube videos, but when an ad comes on, he shouts, “ADVERTISEMENT!” and we skip the ad as fast as we can. Though the videos he likes to watch, usually featuring some guy playing with toys, are really really close to the commercials we are no longer watching.

Basically, all the Progressive commercials where the guy is trying to keep people from becoming their parents. They’re funny because they hits a little too close to home…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e70BAKYdNjc