Comp Stomp Monday! I

The game has an interesting dynamic.

It’s not Monday, but anyone interested in playing a bit of CoH 2 tonight?

I’ve got one other thing to do this evening that’ll eat about an hour of time, so I could potentially play some CoH2 if the timing is right.

I can’t play tonight (and I’m sure my CoH 2/RTS skills are embarrassingly poor), but curious: what DLC’s or do you guys play with? I got the base game free and keep eying the other stuff they have (like US Forces and the Ardennes).

Ardennes is single player only, and the extra factions are optional (you can play with people who have the content, but just can’t use it yourself) so the base game alone is technically enough. The Western Front set is solid value as it gives you an alternate faction choice (US and OKW) for each side, which is nice for variety, but Ardennes Assault is highly regarded as a solo experience from everything I’ve seen.

Join us tonight if you are up for it.

I think we need to bring this back. Who would be interested, and what do you want to play? And what days would you like to do it?

So, I have Monday off, and I’ve had a sudden interest in playing some RTS games. I have installed Rise of Nations and Spellforce 3 Fallen Gods, but I’m open to other games.

I still have Rise of Nations installed but haven’t played in well over a year. I would definitely try a comp-stomp. If there’s interest I’m available most of Monday.

Okay, I think @Otagan has it installed as well. Right now, I’m shooting for 8:30 PM (EST). Fingers crossed on that one, since my home life is a little chaotic right now.

OK sounds good. I’m West Coast so if we have to delay a bit that’s fine too.

I still have your Discord server in my Discord list and there’s still a CompStompMonday chat channel there - is that what we use to link up?

Sounds good to me. Maybe others will join us.

Okay, we are about to start. Join us on the discord if you want to join us.

Feh. A fun but unsuccessful outing with Lego & I losing to the comps. In the first game we took on 3 comps and we were just too rusty. In the second game we were just about to beat 2 comps and I got confused and lost my capital (which had been my second city but I stupidly built my capital there and forgot) while pressing an attack on a comp. I got knocked out and Lego got a Wonder Victory clock ticking but the Comps won with territory first. Bah.

Good fun.

We discussed future Comp Stomp Mondays with either more Rise of Nations, or perhaps Dawn of War II or Company of Heroes.

Lets face it, one of the reasons we were defeated is my inability to win the game in any other fashion, outside of a wonder victory with Egypt!

If I had paid more attention to our military, I could have done more to save your capital.

We’ll try again next time.

Oh, in the meantime, I suggest Spellforce 3 Soul Harvest, if you can get it for 7 or 8 dollars. I think its 20-hour campaign is well worth it, especially as a Stand-Alone Expansion. Not sure how good it will be a Comp Stomp game though.

On the other hand, DoW 2 is a better Co Op Comp Stomp game than it is a Single Player game. I just can’t believe that they are still trying to sell the last expansion for 7.49 on Steam.

I will try to jump in one of these weeks. It is a bit hard due to the time difference. This tends to fall right into the eating dinner, walking dog, putting kids to bed portion of the evening and by the time I can really sit down it is midnight for the east cost folks.

I am pretty sure @Sharpe is on the west coast and others are night owls, so if you join in later, I am sure some can join in.

I don’t know if I wl get a chance to do many more of these in the near future myself with the baby on the way.

I wonder if this will be any good one day.
2089 - Space Divided on Steam (steampowered.com)