Company of Heroes 3: mamma mia, we Total War now!

I had the same issue with some/one of the Dawn of War games - they didn’t zoom out and looked bad on bigger/modern LCD screens.

Looking forward to it

They are improving the game and I hope they stick with it because it’s a sound foundation. Played some games vs AI the other day and was happy what I saw.

Think I’ll jump back into it in December:

Really big patch that includes a lot of issues the community has had. Ranging from improved graphics and readability to balance, map improvements, campaign improvements etc. The community is amped for this one as am I so I really hope they deliver and can start providing more content soon (this update also includes 2 new Battlegroups).

Oof, the reviews of the DLC makes the Total Warhammer fiasco look like the deal of the century - basically just unlocks of units you can already grind to get in the game, plus some skins.

I mean, the flipside of that is they are adding maps and the battlegroups for free. I certainly wouldn’t buy the DLC, but I was never planning to.

This has a free weekend going on Steam and a 30 dollar sale price… should I dip my toe into it? Does single player support “pause and give orders” because otherwise I might as well not waste my time. RTSs didn’t come along till I was in my 30s so I didn’t have the teen “micro” skills needed even then and now at 63, forget it.

It does and you should. It is pretty micro heavy though.

Thanks for the heads up about this. I’ve been on the fence when it comes to CoH3, perfect time to jump in and try it out.

Any way to move the tactical queue to someplace other than the middle of the screen? And what’s the key to deselect a unit?

Played the tutorial mission, and it feels a bit more like CoH 1 than CoH 2 and its successors did. I hope the Italian dynamic “Total War” campaign has tutorials built in because the tactical tutorial didn’t go into any of that.