Conan Exiles - Funcom, open-world survival

Now that it is out of EA, I will be loading this up again to take a look as well. Looks like Kono is still supporting a server so no need for me to bring one up. Guess I will join in and see what is happening!

Haha! I almost turned mine down as short as it could go, but just couldn’t do it.

If you need infos let me know.

you can turn nudity to partial or off client side I believe, not that I would condone playing at work ;)

I’ve ‘borrowed’ the backpack from our bearer thrall so I can make some efficient resource runs while you guys are working. It gives +5 endurance and combined with a weight reduced set of light armor I have +9 endurance for these runs. downside is that I can’t see a damned thing with the backpack on since it blocks the entire screen.

Interesting that players can use it. Wonder if lvl 1 thralls have the same quality pack, that camp near us always has one up.

Might be worth it to get a few broken just to steal the packs for general use.

it seems you can’t repair the backpack, but it wears down very slowly. I put it back on the thrall for now, but it’s probably worth breaking in a view of those thralls even if we just steal their backpacks and use them as cannon fodder. +5 endurance is quite nice.

Kono et al,

I have the server IP info from Feb of last year; still the same or can I get pointed in the new direction? I’d like to start playing again now that it is ‘live’.

well this is not what I was expecting at all. Interesting. Pisspoor interface but I like the crafting tree so far.

I am curious what the mid and elder game looks like.

pm’d current info

The studio also forced many PvE players to switch over to a PvP format: “You’ve also made it clear that you want more PvP servers! By popular demand, more PvP servers are on the way. We are also switching all existing ‘PvE-Conflict’ servers to the regular PvP ruleset.

Should I be angry about this? Its an MMO I feel I should be angry somehow. But so far my solo game seems fine. So I guess my rage can hold?

Is the solo game meaningful or is it a massive grind to do anything since you’re alone?

I am liking it so far. Sure its a grind but hey this is an MMO so my only question was what kind of grind it would have, not if. Conan’s grind (so far) is around harvesting components and crafting. Most of which can be gained peacefully. So I am having fun.

One extra thing I like is being treated like an adult. Yeah naked people have genitals so they put in genitals. I hope more game developers follow suit.

It’s very grindy alone on default settings, but you can tune just about everything to your liking to speed things up.

Great! I need to get into this, after I do more It Lurks Below. I could do with a bit of a crafting open world.

Spoilers!

I didn’t jump on until late so I just puttered about a bit and collected and built a second box, and bow and some arrows. I really can’t kill anything other than rabbits, it seems. Other humans seem to hate me.

I will try to make contact with the clan tonight.

I played for an hour or so two nights ago, but haven’t made it back yet. Built a small hut near the original spawns as a safe house if things go badly at some point, and then another on one of the islands east of where Hark’s base is. Planning to head to the NE jungle-looking area since it didn’t exist when I played last and I’m curious about it.

Made my character and plan on playing this weekend. Anything built so far?

We’re working on a base, but the going is slow! It looks like we’ll be hit with a purge sometime this weekend, so we’re working on getting fortifications up before that happens.

I keep meaning to hook up with you guys but again last night I only played for a short time. I just had other things going on. I did kill a big turtle thing last night. I went to steal some eggs and didn’t notice it, and it attacked and instead of running I took a whatthehell approach and fought because I was tired of fleeing. Conan himself saved me and marked me for greatness, dammit! I had just made a stone sword and that made all the difference.

So what crafting tree should I work on that will benefit the clan? I still have most of my Feats points to allocate. Also, is there any advantage to building a bed, table, chairs, etc., other than in cosmetics?

Is there a way to keep meat from spoiling? Kind of a drag to hunt, get meat, cook it, and have it turn bad overnight.