CONTROL - (Remedy Entertainment and 505 Games)

Is that the source? It’s…kinda pretty.

I love the idea of it, but NG+ would break how the story works in regards to areas that are locked by requiring certain powers.

Dont ruin my theory with facts thank you @AndyMcL

I’d settle for being able to start a second save file without having to move files around on the hard drive or manipulate cloud saves on a console.

I haven’t finished the main story yet but I did just do the mirror mission and the fight with esseJ.

I think it took me about five attempts, but it was very satisfying once I got it.

Definitely not the hardest thing I’ve attempted though, because I’ve probably attempted the fight with Mold-1 around twenty times now. I throw myself at it a few times, decide I should come back after a few more levels, and then still can’t beat it, and repeat. That fight is just really rough for me.

Anyone got any hot tips on that battle?

I did everything!

Not sure what I expected from the ash tray maze based on skimming those posts before I’d played it myself, but I wasn’t expecting that.

I’m pretty satisfied with the ending.

Also the Tommasi fight afterward was a challenging but satisfying fight once I finally got it, probably my favorite.

Nice!

Here’s a trailer for the first expansion, which is releasing on March 26 for PS4 and EGS.

IGN has some new details, too.

Keeping in line with Control’s mysterious atmosphere, the developers at Remedy refrained from divulging too much about the expansion’s plot. We do know the expansion will take place after the events of the main game, when Jesse gets a call from the board alerting her of a disturbance that’s causing the Oldest House’s subterranean level, the Foundation, to go haywire. The bureau’s Head of Operations Helen Marshall will also figure prominently into the expansion after she mysteriously went off on her own during the main storyline.

Control game director Mikael Kasurinen described the expansion as “an opportunity for [Remedy] to take the open-ended nature of the environments even further. The new area that you get to access is filled with mystery, discovery and player-driven exploration. As is the way of Control, it is embedded with symbolism. Exploring the foundation of the Oldest House is also about exploring the very foundation of Jesse herself. Who is she as the director and where does she need to from here?.. Jesse will be tested unlike ever before.”

Aside from the new storyline, there is a brand new skill in the expansion called “Shape” which is split into two forms: “Create” and “Fracture.” This new ability is integral to the expansion not only because it’s a new combat ability, but you’ll need to use it to solve puzzles called “Rituals.”

Has anyone played this since the DLSS 2.0 release? I’ve updated both the game and the drivers but I’m not seeing any difference in the settings and the DF overview suggested there were supposed to be Quality/Balanced/Performance choices. I think the game looks a bit better but I hadn’t played it for months so a straight comparison is tough.

My favorite part about that fight is half the time you die on the way to it. Yay for fucking console games and their checkpoints!

This game seems like it’s trying to be so hard like Half-Life. Except Half-Life was a PC game and had quicksaves.

This game is weird, but not in a good way. The oppressive atmosphere and retro-tech of the Oldest House is tiring. 50-75% of the intelligence reports are useless gibberish. The blacked out sections got old after the first five minutes.

The boss fights are annoying as fuck because if you get nailed in the opening of the fight, you might as well just die. You’ll never get that health back and now the fight just got infinitely harder. What sort of game encourages the player to quit? Same thing if you walk into a boss fight already wounded. There’s no point.

I’m having barely enough fun to keep at it, but the boredom of the SIP surely helps. I’m not sure why Qt3 rated this the third best game of 2019.

I stopped playing this a few weeks ago and tonight forced myself to fire it back up. Thankfully, after about three hours of play I had finished the game.

What a weird, pointless – but most all – depressing game.

It is, quite, suffocating isn’t it?

Jesus christ, this is Vocal Fry: The Game.

The Foundation DLC: It’s okay. About 4 hours of stuff. New powers and a weapon, but both are really only useful in the new area. A couple new enemies join the crew of Hiss.

Like the main game, the story stuff and environments are the stars.

I started playing this again, DLSS 2.0 is amazing.

I am in the Quarry area and so far the story has been total bonkers but the combat and destructibility is top notch.

Once you start getting some of the cooler skills, this game really ups the fun factor.

Also that mold/spore area was tough!

Is it just me, or is talking to some of the NPCs really boring, and more so feels just like a giant info dump?

I didn’t get the love for this game either. It had some interesting concepts but it never got the gameplay right. Weapons and upgrades were uninteresting. Enemies were limited. Boss fights were mostly awful and poorly executed. It was a slog to get through.

I finished it yesterday and enjoyed it throughout, the only weaker point was the Foundation DLC, caves just weren’t as interesting. Found combat to be fantastic - finally run and gun was possible (unlike in QB) and each power was fun to use and combine. The atmosphere was very distinct and unlike anything else. Storywise it was ok, though Quantum Break was significantly better.

This part was pure pleasure of course

Also, I hope DLSS will be from now on integrated into every AAA game. Because getting 4K level quality image for perf. cost of 1080p is the best thing.

I am surprised that I am almost 20 hrs in and found 1 outfit so far, a set of sweatpants and sweatshirt. I guess the nicer looking outfit she wears is for endgame.

The one I have in the video is from one of the best sidequests (mirror).
Then there is golden suit from a really super obscure puzzle I googled the solution for.
And you get a couple after finishing the game. And two were preorder PS4 bonus.