Coronavirus 2019

Funny, just now i was thinking that it should be possible to jerry-rig a coffee filter to be an effective mask. Couple of safety pins to hold the sides and anchor the elastic to go around your ears, something a little better in the middle to filter, maybe some alcohol in there. I dunno, seems doable.

I mean shit, in world war 1 they figured out that pissing into a rag and covering your mouth with it can save you from mustard gas…

Nesrie, you’re never going to convince me that masks don’t work, cause they do. There’s studies that indicate they do, if you want me to link them, i will. I am dubious of their air-filtering ability and also people’s ability to use them properly. But i’m not dubious of their ability to diminish droplets and airborne particulate from an infected person (who doesn’t know their infected) and i’m not dubious of their ability to reduce airflow. Go ahead, try this - pick up a coffee filter, light a birthday candle, now blow out the candle with and without the coffee filter in front of your mouth. Which was easier?

Lets’s create another thread for mask talk shall we? I like the discussion, i just think it should be separate…