Corrupt gov palin's yahoo emails:

Probably for a short period yes. It’ll take a subponea to get it out of them though.

The story is now on CNN. The Secret Service is investigating.

It’s top line at Drudge as well. It was only a matter of time (hours?).

While I kinda laugh at the thought of the SS showing up at the basement apartment of a 4chan user, I really hope this isn’t massaged into more Palin sympathy in right-wing media. Judging from some of the right-wingers on this site, anything from any dark corner of the internet might as well be coming directly from the Obama camp.

TIDWOML (this is deeply wrong on many levels), but the idea of Anonymous getting into politics is hilarious and terrifying at the same time. I declare it to be hilarrifying.

Its sure to make sure we see dozens of yellow journalism articles about those terrifying trolls out there, like the recent NYT Magazine article.

I wonder how the Church of Scientology will spin this.

The Secret Service contacted The Associated Press on Wednesday and asked for copies of the leaked e-mails, which circulated widely on the Internet. The AP did not comply.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iem-vu_mlRjRYfqkscEkw2ciRm7wD938PL2G0

It’s a shame no one in the secret service knows how to use the internet.

That is just precious.

You know, if she had used the email account helpfully supplied by Alaska’s IT department for state business, I imagine (and hope) that would be significantly less easy to hack.

They couldn’t follow the rapidshare link on the digg comment site? That’s what I did.

You keep clicking. You keep reading. You keep posting.

Edit: I don’t approve of this in the slightest. The contents of those e-mail accounts should be released to the investigators in the state of Alaska, not to a bunch of /b/tards who think pregnant means easy. Still, I’m not really sure this is a federal crime. I honestly don’t know the law. If you set your password to something and someone guesses it, is that the same as actual hacking? From what I understand, Gov Palin had set her password retrieval question to ‘What is your zip code?’ and apparently it wasn’t a hard one to answer.

Liberals have hacked into Sarah Palin’s private Yahoo email account…

at Powerline.

Heh… the tinfoil hat crowd has suggested that this ‘break-in’ was actually done by the GOP themselves (and hence why nothing ‘significant’ has been leaked/the password ‘leaked’ too soon/lack of backups before everything disappeared/etc). In a sick way, it makes some amount of sense. Economy? Pfft, but OMG! MY FAMILY PICS ARE CLOGGING THE TUBES!

The /b/tards might have screwed up. Think of the lulz if they had pulled all the messages, found something incriminating, that, while not viable in a court of law, would have caused McCain/Palin to lose the election.

4chan elects Obama. We’d have never lived it down.

Or she could just remove the Sim card.

I’d also like to add that this is just ridiculous. I think 4chan just gave the Democrats the biggest black eye of their campaign. If a large portion of the US didn’t sympathise with Palin before, they do now.

Are you saying that a large portion of the US has had their email hacked and leaked to media?

Yay, Watergate 2!

Palin should be thanking her lucky stars. If she’d been hacked by a SMART person, they’d have stayed in there for the next six weeks reading her email, and she’d never have known it had been compromised. They could have gathered all kinds of incriminating stuff that could then have been posted online a week before the election. And if the person had been ambitious, they could have sent emails posing as her to other people, potentially getting them to incriminate themselves in relation to the Troopergate scandal.

Erm, not really but it will be twisted into a story of how her and her family are being horribly victimised even though she is just a mother in trying times trying to do a difficult job, etc.

It the sort one sympathetic woman against all odds story that a lot of people are going to lap up.