Crackdown 3 - By whatever means necessary

OK, but if that’s our measure then Crackdown 3 is Play Anywhere so it wasn’t an exclusive to begin with. Neither is Forza 7.

“I think we probably announced Crackdown too early,” Loftis told Polygon during a Gamescom interview in Cologne, Germany, this week.

“We definitely underestimated the challenge of making sure the quality bar of all three of those modes was high and it delivers on what we need to deliver on,” she said. “So we had to take the extra time, [and] make sure that we’re delivering the game the Crackdown fans want. It was a super hard decision to do that, and it was made harder because we announced the game.”

“I think in the past we have made the mistake of announcing some exclusives a little bit too early,” she said. “We’re trying to learn from that mistake and do better, so we have a bit that’s in development now that we’re not talking about."

They announced a bunch of stuff too early at E3 2014 knowing that full well. They had announced too much in 2013 trying to soften the blow the the always online strategy and they left the fridge pretty bare for the next year. And by then PS4 was taking a big early lead and it was clearly seen that being able to make a lot of announcements was more important than their ability to deliver in a timely fashion (or at all). It’s extremely disingenuous to paint this as a learning experience when it was a calculated strategy.

Hey! Guess what?

Maybe they’re trying to add more Terry Crews to increase hype even further.

This is why you always maintain a backlog, people.

Just think how great it will be with all that extra polish!

I blame the cloud.

Well I mean come on, I had to.

And it’s official -

Best news ever.

Sunk Cost Fallacy: The Game.

"There’s still creative work to do,” Spencer continued. “I’m not saying the game’s perfect by any stretch right now. But we are committed to the game. We definitely had a heart-to-heart as we were rolling into E3: ‘If we’re going to show this and we’re going to say it’s coming, I don’t want to head-fake the community again.’”

What a bucket of cold water.

I think the only reason this is still coming is because they really don’t have anything else.

They have Battletoads.

Yeah, this doesn’t give me a great feeling. I remember the feeling of “that’s all there is?” after playing 2, I really hope they can aim a bit higher this time.

So d0med.

Yes, at this point putting out a bad game is probably seen as better than yet another high profile cancellation.

Ah, that explains that pirate game.

No, it does not. Sea of Thieves is awesome.