Cube world: Minecraft, sorta

Yup. I now have Cubeworld on Steam.

Got the steam key.

This does make my week a bit brighter.

I don’t know if I have much interest left in this game, but I feel like I have to at least check it out after 6 years. Added it to Steam, just in case.

How are these keys arriving? And is the only thing you had done before this purchasing the game eons ago?

I am in. Thanks

I have no idea what my account name, let alone password is. :( I guess Ill buy it again, maybe, after its released for real.

It is the email you used for purchase. I was able to recover the password very quickly.

I got in and got my steam key…is it April 1st?

Game still not playable on steam, mind you. But it is yours.

That honestly seemed really underwhelming. Everything looks very spartan and empty.

Hit me the same way. In an era with 1002983878273 Minecraft mods, that can turn the game into anything you can think of, what value does this have anymore?

This is finally coming out. I don’t follow games in early access, so I came into this thread for the first time since it was created. I guess everyone’s just really mad at the developer for taking this long? Is that the right tone of this thread?

I think it isnt that it has taken this long, but that there was basically no communication that whole time. For all anyone knew he just took the money and moved on.

No. It was buying an early access game, then having no communication or updates to the game for six years while the developer – radio silent on everything – would just periodically tweet screenshots or videos of features he had developed but never deigned to send to his customers.

A year is a long, long, time to go without updates on an early access game. Six years, with no communication or indication when if ever would actually release this stuff, is poor behavior and pissed a lot of people off, including me.

Starsector has been in development for nine years and hasn’t pissed everyone off because they communicate and release updates every now and then.

That’s kind of where I’m at. In 2013 it was looking like something special. While it still might be, these days I feel like I have a lot of options. I’ll still install it and check it out, but I’m really not that enthusiastic about the game anymore.

Release trailer

Too late

Some words I never thought I’d say - I played the full version of Cube World.

This game generates worlds faster than anything I’ve ever seen