Cube world: Minecraft, sorta

It actually hasn’t happened yet.

And, me too…got 2 copies so many years ago…will be interesting to see if we can use them with Steam.

Like what is actually releasing? How do we know it will be good, and not just him releasing whatever Alpha shit he has to finally wash his hands of this and walk away?

Well, it was pretty good 6 years ago, so whatever he has added, probably wont make the game worse.

It was? I thought it was basically a limited tech demo, and that’s what people were complaining about.

It was a complete, full, good game 6 years ago?!?

He gives his explanation for lack of updates over the past six years: anxiety and getting DDoS’d when he released the game.

Did he pay his house off with all those early purchases. I understand some anxiety but at least give us early access people more communication over the years. Didn’t owe that to anyone but us people who paid for his BMW.

Well, its a 15 dollar indie project. I think most people, as some even mention in this very thread, got around 10 hours of game time out of it, which isnt bad for this kind of money or game.

All that extra time is probably not something that is going to detract from that, is all I am saying.

That’s kind of the problem with Cube World - the game, in its current state, is better than a lot of other games in the same category. It’s obvious Wollay is talented, he’s just frustrating.

No, he didn’t owe any communication to the people who paid for beta. The people who paid for it obtained a product, a beta of the game. That’s what you bought, ‘constant communication’ isn’t included in the pack.

Agreed.

That’s kind of bullshit. Buying early access to a game implies there will be updates to that game. And there have been updates, six years of them, he just didn’t release them to his customers.

This was structured the same way Minecraft was.

And there were updates. And a final version.

That didn’t include communication from the developer, which it’s what he claimed.

Absolutely this. I think the anger/angst associated with his disappearance(s) is the fact that it was, and possibly may be better than most stuff out there in that genre.

Interesting too is the appearance that all of this unhappiness will soon be salved if he does release it…need to look up the definition of abused spouse.

Isn’t there some Minecraft mod that as coming out as a self-contained game that is a lot like Cube World? Something involving voxels in its name? My memory is terrible.

EDIT: Maybe I was thinking of Veloren.

Hytale

I didn’t buy two copies of a beta, I pre-purchased two copies of a finished game and received access to a beta as a reward for buying ahead of time. The website and his public communications promised frequent updates and even had a list of features to be included, but the only update for people who pre-ordered the game was one bug fix. Not one bug fixing update, one update that included one bug fix.

What wollay did was unquestionably illegal, immoral and unethical. It’s fine for people not to be bothered about it, but I still don’t understand why people defend it.

Hmmm.

OMG I have a Steam key for Cube World.

This is such a weird timeline.

Where did you get the key from? I haven’t seen anything in email.

You have to log into your account at the Picroma website. The reddit post explains.