Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Oh I’m sure they noticed, it’s just a few thousand places back in the priority queue most likely. :)

Uninstalled finally. Got my money’s worth, and will fire it up again eventually when something significant happens, like the total makeover patch or whatever. Though it boggles the mind that they are apparently still working on multiplayer when the so much is borked with the core game.

Thinking about the extensive discussions concerning choice and consequences, while I still am not terribly torqued by the macro-level RPG weaknesses, the more I think about it the more I am annoyed with the low-level problems with consequences. A great example is when you are given a job to neutralize a target, but are asked not to kill them. Ok, you think, we can reconfigure for non-lethal, choose different weapons or quickhacks, etc. But none off it matters, because unless you kill the target with a headshot as the final blow, they will be totally alive but incapacitated when they go down. No need to change up your playstyle much if at all, just make sure their final point of health doesn’t fall to a a quickhack labled “lethal” or a headshot (and I’m not 100% sure about those, even).

What’s better, as others have noted many times before, once you phone in the job and it’s done, you can off the target for good and collect whatever bounties they might be carrying. Nothing really matters.

To me, this sort of lack of meaningful decision making is worse than not being able to affect the arc of the main story. I mean, the main story stuff is a small fraction of what I end up doing in these games. Add this sort of more technical wonkiness to the total lack of faction and reputation, the total lack of memory on the part of the gangs, all that stuff, and it sure points to a lot of things that just don’t work right, if at all.

I don’t know how Judy could wear that wetsuit in front of me and NOT expect me to comment.

I think Judy’s ass in that wetsuit may be the only screenshot I took.

Well now I’m curious enough to start playing this game again.

Nice SimAnt shout out.

They got an N-Gage shout out in there too!

“Daikatana 2077.” Well, I guess the game did make us its bitch, in a way.

“Dear gamers, here’s CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.”

They also shared a roadmap:

Well, at least it’s more substantive than an Anthem 2.0 roadmap.

Not dressed as monks this time? That’s progress.

Still, saying they’re proud of the PC version they released is… odd. Not that it doesn’t have things to be proud of, but there are plenty of things to be ashamed of, and I hope the “multiple updates & improvements” includes some updates to general AI, vehicle behavior, combat and abilities balancing, etc.

With the Witcher 3 CDPR showed they could take on Bioware.

Now it’s time for them to show that they can take on Hello Games. ;)

Right? It’s commonly known as the best version due to higher end PCs being able to brute force their way past issues that choke up the consoles, but it needs a lot of work too.

But is it up the standards of a Star Citizen roadmap to a roadmap, hmm?

Heh… when NMS released, it was an absolute clusterfuck.

Ah. Here it is. Finally.

41 min, I am gonna need popcorn.

Took a little over 4 minutes to get to, “You done fucked it up!”.

Just started…3 hours in. Running on a new 3080 and a 48" LG OLED. No bugs or other weirdness.

It is honestly incredible. Easily the most beautiful and immersive game I have ever played, and I am completely drawn in.

I realize that may change as cracks in the gameplay emerge, or bugs appear… But this is the most alive and incredible open world I’ve experienced.

Skyrim gave me similar feels on release… But this is just wow.