Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Could be a bug, unless you have the game on magnetic storage.

And what you said made me double check and it is a 2060 Super.

I OC a lot and can’t see where I have anything currently installed to OC the video card atm. From what I recall (many beers ago) it was not stable at anything much beyond stock, and since that card was still an amazing upgrade from my previous video card I left it at that.

That being said, I also have an old I5 cranked to 5Ghz on all 4 cores. But I wouldn’t think that would make the video output much better (if at all).

OS and games are on an M.2.

found a spot to grind:

In the “I Walk the Line” mission, if you subdue Sasquatch but don’t finish her off by killing her, if you save in a new manual save slot and then load, you can kill her off repeatedly endlessly for 1700-2000 XP and 30k euro dollars each time.

Past a certain point I think you need to be honest with yourself. Outright cheating will get you what you want much quicker than all these hokey alternative ‘get rich quick’ schemes.

I didn’t cheat any of my runs. I only suggested this ‘quick level to 50’ for people interested in approximating a NG+ mode to fully use their abilities. The only problem is the enemies do not scale and you will be vastly overpowered except for the enemies at Arasaka Tower for the secret ending.

Just finished with what I suspect is the best ending and I loved this game. I say this with a few qualifications though: I played with a gamepad on a new PC with an RTX 3080 and an SSD drive; I went into it blind without following any of the previews; and I am sucker for ambitious open world games and don’t mind navigating around some instability and jank. So I was able to enjoy the ride without looking under the hood to see what was working and what wasn’t.

I hope that the developers can get this optimized so that it runs properly on consoles and other PC configurations because there is some good stuff in here.

It runs great on XSX and PS5, although PS5 still has crashing issues. Neither one supports ray-tracing and many other graphical features yet so they don’t look fantastic, but they run fine.

This is the BEST way to do things. I do this with movies, too, and it rules. Next Cuaron film has a trailer out? Not watching that!

I wish I’d done it with Hitman 3, though; I read a bunch of reviews and now I know a lot about it. I’m still stoked to play it (come Steam release or fixing Epic’s support for H1+H2 owners), but now I know how a lot of it works, and a good amount of my experience will be looking for ways I agree/disagree with other’s opinions. It’s much nice to form your own, I think.

For this game, the things I found amazing were things I didn’t see mentioned:

• the way the story ‘cutscenes’ took place seamlessly in the world, with Jackie slurping ramen at a stall I’ve walked past
  • looking for a shortcut I double-jumped up to a distant rooftop under an overpass and found a few bedrolls and some rickety shelters, really filling in the world for me
  • Some of the open-world gang activity takes place in some really interesting locations; I stumbled over some Rats, I think, who’d taken over an underground, under-construction car-park that also had a homeless encampment in it
  • Some good support for Deus-Ex style options in side missions; I got a contract to capture a baddie, and found my way into the locked backdoor of his compound. I found a dude at a computer, knocked him out, and learned he was my target! I snuck him out the back and into a waiting car, with no one the wiser. Awesome.

The things that really bothered me were also mostly unmentioned:

• the stealth system is pretty binary, and there’s no interesting ways to recover from messing up or getting spotted. And there’s a huge difference in feeling between sneaking around and everything going loud, and I’m often in the mood to sneak around, not frenetically run everywhere
  • Lack of respec means I can’t adjust my play once I learn the systems. I no longer want to rely on hacking since it’s so OP, and would like to respec into something more interesting, but I just…can’t without spending a huge amount of time and energy getting $$ for a respec option that doesn’t even let me change my core stats – I’ll still be pretty deeply invested in Intelligence even if I DO use it.

In this case, a lot of the things that bother others don’t really bug me, so learning their opinions hasn’t ruined me. My own frustration with the above drove me out of the game for a while. :)

Any way to bypass the startup screens on launch on PC? The whole thing (including the epilepsy warning) appeared to possibly be a single video file, but I couldn’t find any. Like at all. Which makes me think it might be inside a compressed archive?

Any help is appreciated.

I saw this on reddit although I haven’t used it myself.

I use Cyber Engine Tweaks to disable the startup movies plus using it to disable Async Compute for GTX 1000 series GPUs improves framerate.

That worked. Muchas gracias.

CDPR just announced the planned update is delayed due to the recent company hack and the scope of work needed. Second half of March expected.

Is there any way to make the background yellow? ;)

I predict that Patch 1.2 will be delayed two more times, finally releasing in June 2021.

I take issue with how they handled the release of this game and the problems with it afterward, but no company should have to deal the frustrations and pain of a cyber attack.

A localish hospital system was part of a hack in December… they’re still not recovered. Some of that info is lost forever.

Schreier reports that the hack disrupted CDPR’s workflow to such a degree some developers have been locked out of their workstations for the past two weeks.

CD Projekt has said it refused to pay a ransom to the hackers. As a result, employees remain unable to log onto the company’s virtual private network, making it impossible to access the systems and tools needed to do most of their jobs, said the people, requesting anonymity because they weren’t authorized to talk publicly.

Although some CD Projekt employees are working from the headquarters in Warsaw, the majority are at home due to the coronavirus pandemic. CD Projekt didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Despite the unplanned vacation, the hack has been a nightmare for employees. The invaders had access to their personal information including Polish identification numbers and passport details, leading the company to tell staff to freeze their accounts and report the security breach to the government and their banks, said the people familiar with the matter. Workers were also asked to ship their computers to the company’s IT staff to be scanned for malware or other intrusions, the people said.

Yeah I can definitely see something like this being highly disruptive for around 2 weeks. Much more than that, they’re messing around.

What a pain in the ass! Fuck those hackers/thieves.