Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

There’s the roadmap they shared, it was in this post:

We’re in the vague section of the roadmap now.

When/if it ever returns to the PS store, they should use this as the marketing quote.

So this is still like an early access title? When can I play the 1.0 version I wonder…

If you have a current-gen console or gaming PC it’s fine, it just isn’t what they promised. I would still stay far away on PS4/PS4 Pro/Xbone/XboneX as it can’t even keep stable at 30fps.

welp I still have my RX480 from 2017. That pretty much means it is still a no go.

But there are still the glitches and bugs that no graphics card can fixed. Are they still there?

Yes all there still. A couple fixed by the patch. Invisible objects, floating and unlootable objects are still everywhere. Broken mission scripting, fixed pathing for cars driving through concrete barriers are still there. Objects disappearing from hands/face or persisting are still there.

New patch is out.

Also, it seems CDPR is set on improving the game (to what extent is unknown, though):

I kind of want to see the alternate reality shitshow where the headline is “CD Projekt admits this is probably most of the money this turkey is gonna make, ends support for Cyberpunk 2077”

By all accounts Witcher 1 and 2 when they came out were pretty buggy, but they took a year to fix each game and then there would be an enhanced edition. One would have hoped Witcher 3 broke this mould but it seems to be the exception that proved the rule. I give it a year or two and wait for CP2077 enhanced edition to drop.

This really wouldn’t make any sense. From a financial standpoint, yes, the game was actually a huge success, even if they don’t see another copy. But from what I’ve read they see this as a new franchise like the Witcher. From a reputational and future financial perspective, they know they need to make this good, and I have no doubt that they will. If yoiu want to see more shitshows, there are plenty already out there, we don’t really need to see more, IMO.

I think @MisterMourning is just making a snarky comment about the triteness of that reporting. As in, of course the co-head of CDPR said that. What else was he going to say?

I don’t know. I would agree if he said “we are going to support the game and make sure it can be enjoyed by many” or something like that. But here’s what he said:

I don’t see an option to shelve Cyberpunk 2077. We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come.

The thing about bringing the game to “a state that we can be proud of it” makes me think they really want to improve it, much like they did with the Witcher games and their Enhanced Editions. I don’t see that as “PR speak smoke screen”.

That said, I suppose it could be insincere. I just think we have more reasons (beyond what has been said, even) to think it’s not.

Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back

I dont think it’s insincere either. I’m sure he means it, just like he meant Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be the bee’s knees when it launched. It just doesnt actually mean anything beyond his good intentions.

I had this image of cops spawning in in mid-air…and falling.

The game did really well.

Despawn the police!

Very clever. Props to you sir.

Fingers Crossed. Just picked this up for $16 +tax (amazon used/warehouse sale), as I now have a Series X. It’ll probably end up on Gamepass this weekend before it arrives (hard copy).