Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

This really wouldn’t make any sense. From a financial standpoint, yes, the game was actually a huge success, even if they don’t see another copy. But from what I’ve read they see this as a new franchise like the Witcher. From a reputational and future financial perspective, they know they need to make this good, and I have no doubt that they will. If yoiu want to see more shitshows, there are plenty already out there, we don’t really need to see more, IMO.

I think @MisterMourning is just making a snarky comment about the triteness of that reporting. As in, of course the co-head of CDPR said that. What else was he going to say?

I don’t know. I would agree if he said “we are going to support the game and make sure it can be enjoyed by many” or something like that. But here’s what he said:

I don’t see an option to shelve Cyberpunk 2077. We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come.

The thing about bringing the game to “a state that we can be proud of it” makes me think they really want to improve it, much like they did with the Witcher games and their Enhanced Editions. I don’t see that as “PR speak smoke screen”.

That said, I suppose it could be insincere. I just think we have more reasons (beyond what has been said, even) to think it’s not.

Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back

I dont think it’s insincere either. I’m sure he means it, just like he meant Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be the bee’s knees when it launched. It just doesnt actually mean anything beyond his good intentions.

I had this image of cops spawning in in mid-air…and falling.

The game did really well.

Despawn the police!

Very clever. Props to you sir.

Fingers Crossed. Just picked this up for $16 +tax (amazon used/warehouse sale), as I now have a Series X. It’ll probably end up on Gamepass this weekend before it arrives (hard copy).

Does this still have a mythical update 2.0 that will fix everything on the horizon?

No 2.0 patch announced, but there will be multiple updates and improvements!

I’m just starting to get into this. Pretty great so far.

I guess I will wait for the discount when the free DLC are out.

This was going to be the first major game I purchased for the PS5, even though the hype and gameplay wasn’t meshing with what I wanted in the game. With the problems and removal from PS store and the still necessary fixes throughout the year, I think I’ll push this all the way until a more complete, stable, package is put together.

I really like the world concept that was built even if implementation is wobbly. Looking forward to the day I can resurrect this long dead thread to say how I just got into it and really like what I’ve experienced so far.

I was really, really looking forward to this one on my PS5 since I’m a huge open world fan, and loved Witcher 3. So I am really disappointed that the game delivered is not the open world opus promised.

Question: What do you think is the best this game will be? In other words, when they complete all of the patches, etc. what will this game be?

I don’t think it will ever be a superb open world game. Think Mafia 2 (the open world is a backdrop for the story and quests) in that regard.

It might become a better RPG, though that’s not certain. More quests, more options in those quests for actual role playing, more “choices & consequences”, better fleshed out factions, more meaningful and balanced skills and abilities, etc. We’ll have to wait and see if that will be the case.

Story-wise, I don’t expect it to change in any significant way. Maybe in side quests or gigs, but otherwise I don’t think anything will change apart from bugfixes.

If you thought Witcher 3 was a good open world game, Cyberpunk delivers about the same. But for whatever reason, the expectation was that this would be using the GTA model of open worldiness instead.

But if you’re intending to play on the PS, definitely wait until they release the proper PS5 version, rather than what’s effectively just backwards compatibility.

I could live with that if everything was done well. TBH, Witcher 3 was not really a full open world game in the same sense as, say, RDR2 or Skyrim. For example, in RDR2 I roamed the countryside for hundreds of hours just exploring, discovering all kinds of amazing things, hunting, fishing, deciding whether to free people being transported in a cell on a wagon, finding a pervert and tying him up and laying him on the train track, etc. Witcher 3 was much more about all of the quests and sidequests and the story line without a lot beyond that.