Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

So this patch advanced the version by .03? Sounds very underwhelming.

Are they new perk issues, or the ones from when the game was released?

The latter.

At least the latest Outriders patch supposedly addresses some build/balance issues, from the notes. Mostly buffs to health stats and abilities.

Yeah they’re finally starting to get around to it. It came out, what, April 1st I think? Two and a half months of not being able to address gameplay issues because they’re putting out technical fires. At least they can be thankful they didn’t get hacked like CDPR. :)

From the article:

Still, this comes at the cost of reductions across the board: pixel resolution, level-of-detail (LoD) draw, texture fidelity, number of objects on screen, and other rendering drawbacks.

I read in another place that means nearly all pedestrian and vehicle traffic are gone. Whoa.

Does look a little empty I think :) If you hadn’t seen the higher end systems it maybe looks ok - architecture’s still nice.

Developers are like: We fixed it , look at that smooth 30 29 fps on last gen systems.

Lol , like 99% of the people walking the street and cars driving around are gone now.

Holy crap. That’s one empty city.

Reminds me of last May, no pedestrians, no cars, maybe they’re in a pandemic.

On the plus side, PS4 players won’t see 3 identical NPCs walking together and miming each other’s actions.

Funny thing is that the city is equally empty on the PS4 Pro and PS5. It’s like they said “OK, turn everything off for PS4 version regardless of where it runs”. Which is pretty sad.

But now it runs a solid 60fps on PS5!

I think it’s a decent idea. Not that I’ve played the game myself yet, but just from all the impressions of it over the course of this thread, I feel like getting rid of pedestrians and cars would not take away much from the core game, and since those things are underdeveloped anyway, it might actually add to it by having less immersion-breaking behavior on display.

They could have leant into the pandemic storyline too. Cybervirus empties streets!

Indeed, virus affects people’s neural mods, and causes them to T-pose.

And all the bugs and glitches in the game are actually the virus messing up with your sensory input. There, fixed!

On the flip side, the ghost-town population now breaks immersion of the regular city design. Like, why are there so many sidewalk food stalls? Why so many pedestrian bridges and walkways? Who lives in the shack villages butted against the bigger buildings? Why so many highways and overpasses?

Covidpunk