Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Ah, I picked the Ripperdoc option.

I can’t put my finger on it, but I can’t even be bothered to read what each weapon is or what I’m picking up. Just something about how the game presents it. My 5 hour trial is pretty much over so I’m certainly not tossing 50 bucks down right now. I’ll wait for a sale. (I don’t have a drive on my PS5). And ya I was using performance mode. I tried the ray tracing mode for about 5 seconds. I don’t know how anyone could play in that mode. I guess maybe if your screen supports VRR.

Loot kinda works like Dying Light. You’ll see the same types of varying quality. The level stat is hidden but it’s there, so as you level up the damage and armor values will increase. Anything with the ‘iconic’ tag is unique, usually with a special bonus compared to its non-iconic version. Most of the iconic gear only appears once in the game, so be careful about discarding them.

The best way to play this is to rush main plot until you hit a new act, then play it like an open world. All the quests you skipped will still be there and potentially more interesting after main plot development.

You probably won’t have to wait long, although last it was on sale was 18.8.

I kind of wish I had gotten the disk version sometimes, but honestly it’s few and far between that it’s an issue and I have enough crap in my house.

An expansion might mean the new GPUs actually have something to do.

Is there a good “ELI5” video with instructions on how to use the new “transmog(rification)” feature to make sure that I get the benefit of the best stats possible for clothes while looking cool and stylish?

I understand the system in Immortals: Fenyx Rising but the one in this game is rather opaque.

Keep equipping equipment with stats you want in those same equipment slots you’ve always used. So in this screenshot it’s the helmet and skirt and all that stuff you see in the gear slots that’s setting my stats, despite me looking like I’m wearing pants and no helmet and whatnot.

At your apartment(s), you can use the closet to create specific wardrobe outfits. There, and only there, you can select from anything in your inventory and play dress up. Make a style and save it to one of the six wardrobe slots. You don’t get to the outfit creating screen from your inventory menu, only from these closets in your apartments. I didn’t have a screenshot handy of this screen.

From the inventory menu in the “Outfit” sub-screen you can select any of those saved styles you made (as well as those plot specific outfits you get sometimes which is all this screen used to be for); this doesn’t have to be done at your apartment, you can do this anywhere. Here’s the view of that inventory sub-screen with the two outfits I’ve created so far.

In your main inventory screen the hanger icon over your actual stat-driving-equipment just means the appearance for that inventory slot is currently being set by your wardrobe outfit, not the functional equipment.

So the trick is to go into the closet interface with the clothes you want to wear (for cosmetic reasons) on already? Then put the “good stats” items in those slots on the right?

Can you check the stats of those items there in real time or do you have to know what they are already?

It doesn’t matter what you’re wearing when you go to the closet, I don’t think. You can build your cosmetic outfits from whatever you have in your inventory. I’m not sure I explained it well, because I’m not sure I understand your question.

You don’t need to care about the stats of the outfits you’re building in the closet, that’s only setting how you look. And at no point is any of this gear “consumed” or altered, if that’s a concern.

OK, let me put it this way: can I see the stats that are actually in effect only in regular inventory view? How do I check those?

N/m, it looks like from videos I’ve seen on YouTube that it’s the opposite of what I wrote before. You figure out the gear that gets you the stats you want in inventory view. In the closet view is where you assign appearances to that gear, as you noted.

Yeah, if no one told you they added this feature, you might play for a while without realizing it’s there because everything about equipping and using the functional gear with the armor and stats you care about happens the same way as before.

Really tempted to pick this up on the PC. Supposedly my processor can handle it fine (it’s an i7 6700) and my graphics card too, and now that (supposedly) my progress from the Xbox version carries over, why not? It’s just hard to get screen time on the big TV with my Mom around, and playing it over the Wifi through the Xbox app on my PC is not so great, since I’m limited to 1080p.

I really have no idea how I missed this (perhaps by not having read this topic in a long time trying to avoid spoilers while waiting for the Xbox Series X Enhanced version to come out), but I totally missed that the Series X update has been out for months now. Between that and the 1.6 patch, I guess it’s time to actually go back and play this! It’s been like 18 months since I touched it, so I’ll just start over from scratch because I mostly remember Keanu and the woman in the T-pose in the bar and not much else. :)

Also, I see there’s now cross-platform cloud progress saves! That makes me want to pick up the PC version, which is $29.99 right now. Because I can play it on my 49" monitor in 32:9 ultrawidescreen, and apparently also get decent performance on my “shipping soon” Steam Deck. But also chill on the couch and play it on the big TV on the Xbox.

Is anyone bouncing between PC and Xbox versions? Does the cross-save work well?

Question about the PC version: GOG or Steam?

I went for Steam because I’m getting a Steam Deck, so installing/maintaining would be a lot easier. Only real advantages of going GoG that I know of are (1) no DRM (so you don’t have to have Steam running) and (2) CDPR gets more of the money you’re spending.

I have a question for anyone who knows about real cyberpunk lore. I have tried googling this, but can’t get anywhere with this question due to all the answers about the game, not the lore.

Anyway, in the cyberpunk universe, are the AIs good or evil?

I know initial reactions to this game were very mixed, and I haven’t really been following it since I didn’t have a PC that could run it. Now I do (i5-12600K + RTX 3070).

Are folks pretty much happy with it now? Can I at least get 60 fps with my rig on high/ultra settings at 1080p, maybe even with RTX on if I dare?

Neutral, I think?

From the wiki:

Personality-wise, Artificial Intelligences play by their own internal logic, which is often skewed and hard to decipher. They possess the full spectrum of personalities, ranging from childlike and motivated by curiosity to Godlike, where the Artificial Intelligence is cognisant of the intellectual limitations of Homo sapiens. A Godlike Artificial Intelligence deals with humans as though they were ignoramuses. A.I’s have also demonstrated aberrant behaviour akin to schizophrenia and megalomania.