Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

I remember when they had ambitious plans to make two games at the same time, W3 and CP77 but CP77 was put on hold as they needed all their effort to focus on W3. The same happened later with CP77…

Yep. It’s nice to want things but I will not be surprised when they scrap this parallel dev idea yet again.

They have 350 people making Cyberpunk expansion, 150 people making new Witcher game, 60 people making the Molasses Flood game and tiny team on coming up with the new IP.

And apparently, the new big Cyberpunk game will be made by CDP NA branch, not polish one, so it seems it hasn’t even entered preproduction yet.

Once they’re clear of Cyberpunk, they can reallocate a decent portion of their engine and tools programmers back to gameplay. Not all of them - obviously they still will need game specific toolsets integrated into UE - but enough that it should benefit their new projects enormously. I’m hoping this means they’ll have more sophisticated\interesting mechanics they bring to bear with the new Witcher titles.

From the article

However, today’s flurry of announcements included word CD Projekt was introducing multiplayer to “most of our new games to enrich the single-player experience”

Barf

Finally saved up for the double jump today. Holy hell what a game changer.

I don’t know who needs to hear this but, sure, I’d play a new Witcher game.

Is that perk under the Body attribute?

I think that one must be necessary to take advantage of the “attack from above” perk, whatever it’s called.

No it’s a leg augment, cost 30,000.

So it doesn’t have perk/attribute requirements, just money? Cool. Still, 30 grand, ouch. Back to picking up every last weapon I guess.

I’m still doing every NPCD callout I find, that helps.

My guess this is to show to investors, and skeptical players, that they have not given up at all. Its great that they have fully rebounded from that terrible release (although for PC i had literally no issues), CDPR are pros. Im curious what Hadar is… I’m hoping its rpg related!

Best single.thing you can get in the game, IMHO. So fun

I started a new run. I was almost finished with the game when Elden Ring dropped and I don’t remember a lot of what happened. I also went heavy into Tech for crafting and I think that was a mistake.

This game is on one level amazing and on another super frustrating. Mile wide and an inch deep.

Interesting move. One imagines costs in Boston are a bit higher than most of Poland.

Is that for some Massachusetts tax incentive?

They’re coming here because we have the best eggs and electricity. We must because we charge the highest prices in the country for them!

Hahahah, like 38 Studios?

Oh no, wait, I got confused, they were originally there, and then they moved to Rhode Island for the tax incentives.

The only thing I could guess is that there’s a huge number of people who know how to code here and are very young - think very high tech college town. So maybe if they need a good talent pool to expand this could be a good spot.

Certainly them coming to Boston is good news for our Game Studio grads…

Hey, for the PC version, has anyone discovered a mod to either 1) let you play tunes of your choice on the radio or 2) have a radio station or two that plays sweet synthwave/retrowave tracks? I mean, it’s the FUTURE, and the future is synthwave. It is known.