Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

The Let There Be Flight mod is pretty entertaining. It makes any (?) vehicle flight capable. I’m not sure how it would integrate with a real play through, but just trying it out… when your bike comes to some busy freeway intersection and you just click a stick to soar into the air without stopping, it’s a real classic science fiction moment.

That sounds cool. When you fly, do you see stuff like the missing tops of buildings etc. that the devs didn’t bother putting in, as in GTA III, for instance?

hah

Speaking of vehicles, are there any settings beyond the default that would make cars drive better with mouse and keyboard? Like, at least with the first few cars, turning is a nightmare. (Going in a straight line is okay). I am doing better on [spoiler redacted]'s motorcycle but looking around isn’t easy. Is this a game where m+k is preferred for running around but I should switch to a gamepad for driving?

Yes, I’m aware of their bloody-minded (and wrong :-p ) anti-synthwave policy.* Some modder must have corrected that, at least on the PC side, is what I’m hoping.

*like seriously, would it have killed them to give us one station??

Get thee to a controller for driving, yes. Hell, I pretty much use a controller exclusively, except for complicated hacking sequences.

Speaking of driving/riding, I wish there were a quick “look behind” button press but I haven’t found one, unless I’m missing something obvious.

Mind sharing the name of this mod?

I think clicking the right stick gets you the view behind you. In the flight mod, everything seems fully modelled - no missing rooves yet.

Edit: Looking behind you only works in third person though. And you have to hold the stick a bit for some reason.

Missing Persons, that’s the one. Not to be confused with:

I love that song and their other big hit “Words” which unbelievably I hadn’t even heard once until maybe ten years ago, on an “alt-rock” radio station here in Portland which once in a while plays a real oldie. Hell, the other day they played The Kinks’ “You Really Got Me.”

It’s amazing how accurate “Walking in LA” still is today.

True, though in Night City I prefer walking to driving for a lot of reasons. The city has a ton of cool things to see and places to explore, while driving…kinda sucks.

For those who have the GOG version on PC, how do you install the REDMod? I found something that said to look under Manage installation: Configure and that there would be an “allow mods” checkbox but none appears for me?

In general, is it best to use Vortex for the Nexus mods or is manual installation painless if it’s just one or two?

I just tried to figure that out. I logged into GOG and 'bought it" (It’s free) here:

Then the Galaxy client downloaded it.

I’ve found that manual modding is painless. I’m using a number of mods but they all claim to fix some aspects of crafting or add minor things. I’m using two big ones.

StreetStyel - gives bonuses for wearing consistent clothing styles in an attempt to avoid the issue of always wanting to wear the best armor. The transmog system makes it sort of unneeded but I like the idea that it could give tailored bonuses while raising all of the skill checks in a way that might force specialization. Instead the bonuses aren’t distinctive enough between the clothing items and I don’t notice much of an overall effect.

Claim Vehicles - purely a quality of life thing. I figured I might as well drive around in cars I liked . This mod allows you to keep a copy of cars that you car jack if they would normally be available to the PC. It removes one of the games money sinks but I can life with that. In the end I like being able to choose the cars but I mostly use the bikes.

Thanks!

And thanks @Madmarcus for the reply on my other question – the Claim Vehicles mod sounds pretty good.

Can someone explain the difference between “Side Jobs” and “Gigs”? I’ve watched a recent video that showed a “gig” in the Journal and I don’t think I’ve ever seen one in my current game (first playthrough, started on Series X and continued on my PC-- might that be a factor?).

I think Gigs are the jobs for money you get tasked with by the various fixers, while the Side Jobs have a bit more plot and scripting.

Yep. Gigs are specific to a fixer, which is specific to an area, and are finite. Usually after the last gig you get a nice weapon or vehicle, after that no more gigs from that fixer.

So they’re the yellow exclamation points on the map? I remember seeing some small green boxes as well.